Our "Spiritual Mother"

by bruh2012 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bruh2012
    bruh2012

In case you missed it --This years DC pointed out that JW's need to direct people to (direct quote) "our spiritual mother the organization" !!!

Jehovah being our father and the organization being our spiritual mother! I guess we all knew that the Society was always "mother" huh.

• Aware!
    Aware!

Welcome bruh2012!! Yeah, I learned here that it's not the first time they've compared the organization to a mother. They just reintroduced it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/227810/1/2012-Convention-Their-Spiritual-Mother-on-YouTube-48-min-w-commentor-ugh

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

I've certainly been hearing it a lot more ever since it was said at the convention.

• trebor
    trebor

Good ol' mom has been around since at least 1957...just bringing it back again:

"If we are to walk in the light of truth we must recognize not only Jehovah God as our Father but his organization as our mother," [Watchtower, May 1, 1957, page 274].

http://savedfromthewatchtower.blogspot.com/2010/07/mother.html

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Okay, let me get this stright, Jehovah is the Father and the organization is the Mother then why do I feel like i'm the only one getting screwed?

NJY

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Maybe they meant MF?

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Did anyone happen to catch what the C.O actually said? I had to rewind the audio recording 4 times to catch it all....

C.O: "The bible itself does not shine thru as life-giving truths just by itself."

Pub: "That's why Jehovah provides us with the organization."

OMG! This is apostasy!!!! Thyey're saying that no one could understand the bible without the organization or else our generation is just too stupid to do what people have been doing for thousands of years. Doesn't anyone sitting in the audience understand what they are saying or they so completely brain washed that it doesn't get thru!!!

I really wish some of these JW's would wake up.

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

My spiritual Mother is the Goddess. No need for a patriarchal organization.

• sd-7
    sd-7

What's really bizarre about this is that they had a response to a letter in one of those WTs from the 50s where they explicitly state that it would not be appropriate to address anointed ones as 'mother'. Then three months later, in big letters, THE MOTHER ORGANIZATION is in a WT article. They really, really, REALLY don't read their own stuff.

--sd-7

• Pterist
    Pterist

**** Jehovah being our father and the organization being our spiritual mother *****

And Jesus gets pushed further away. 2 Corinthians 4:4-6

What took the RCC centuries to achieve "Mother Church" the WBTS has achieved in 100 years.

Mother Church is an Idol !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit