If I write a book(scratch) about my life......

by Iamallcool 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If I write a book(scratch) about my life as a deaf JW since birth and ex JW, I would like to criticize few dubbies but I would not name them at all. Would I be free from libel lawsuit if I do not name them? There are many details that I have never told you. I would be willing to be examined by the best polygraph examiner, so the witnesses can't say that I am making things up. I am planning to have someone to write a book for me since my english is not that great. The book will not be released while my parents are still alive. Stay tuned til you read my book.

• sabastious
    sabastious

That sounds fascinating!

-Sab

• whathappened
    whathappened

Perhaps you can just change the names but keep the story the same. That way no one can say anything.

• talesin
    talesin

If you are telling the truth, it is not libel.

:)

liĀ·bel /'lib?l/
    Noun:
    A published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation
  • talesin
    talesin

I was asked to edit a memoir, and just submitted the price yesterday. Wish me luck!

Do it, Cool. I have no doubt it will be quite a tale.

xo

• James Brown
    James Brown

Polygraphs are not admissable in court, they are easily manipulated.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

James Brown, do you think I will be okay if I do not use their real names in the book and I will not get sued?

• James Brown
    James Brown

James Brown, do you think I will be okay if I do not use their real names in the book and I will not get sued?

Thats what I would do.

That is what a lot of famous authors have done.

Just change the names.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Please write your book. Your truth, a double value,

• moshe
    moshe

Yes, grasshooper, enlighten us--

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit