The Myths of Disfellowshipping

by Londo111 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Londo111
    Londo111

Hello everyone,

JJ allowed me to send him an article for JWStruggle. I know this might not be everyone's cup of tea on JWN, and I hope this doesn't smack of self-promotion, which I find distasteful, but I hope it might bring comfort to some who have found themselves the victims of judicial committees.

http://www.jwstruggle.com/2012/08/the-myths-of-disfellowshipping/

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Thank you for posting the article. It's nicely written and encouraging.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Thanks for posting this!

The JW "judicial process" in fact is modeled on the Trial of Jesus with the Congregation Elders playing the role of the Pharisees.

• Londo111
    Londo111

00DAD: That's a good point! I hadn't thought of it that way but it's so true!

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

Nicely done, Londo. I'll look for more of your essays in the future...

JV

• Londo111
    Londo111

Thanks, Juan. I've appreciated your news coverage, especially of Menlo Park. That is tireless work.

BTW--thanks blindnomore!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Just drawing attention to a recent myth in Oct 15 'tower, that J C 's are set up to "help" the accused.

Well, if someone comes along with a contrite attitude then a restoration is planned and reproof given. But if you just appear silent or make any attempt to explain or "justify" - the committee is there to see you out..to "keep the congregation clean"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting information well presented.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Ugly!

I can't help but to think of the term 'UGLY' when the word disfellowshipping comes to mind. And frankly the WTBTS organization deserves to be thought of in those same terms for adopting such an appalling practice.

Disfellowshipping has its' place. But WT abuses the practice immensely!

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

I’ve seen this scenario way too many times at the Kingdom Hall:

‘There was a certain disfellowshipped sister in my old congregation who often left the meeting in tears, time and time again. How could the elders see this woman so obviously repentant and not accept her back immediately?’

The following statement is food for thought:

‘Can elders be mistaken in a judicial capacity? As one sister, who had awakened to the truth about the ‘truth’ said: “If these men were guided by Holy Spirit, they would have known how I felt about the Society, and they would never have reinstated me. If they weren’t guided [by God’s Holy Spirit] in reinstating me, how could they have been guided by Holy Spirit in disfellowshipping me?”’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit