This is how a CHURCH Truthfully deals with a scandal - read this from 2011 USA TODAY

by dreamgolfer 5 Replies latest social current

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

Amazing story of courage, and strong commitment by this TRUE leader at his church in VA.

While some dont acknowledge the need for a place of worship, this story relates how the TRUTH should be told, no matter what the cost,

I personally take my hat off to this guy - he has guts.

Read it when you have time (the post about the Hammond IN scenario made me think of this to share)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/religion/2011-05-09-vienna-virginia-church-abuse-case-lawyers-insurers_n.htm

• Quendi
    Quendi

This is an interesting story and I have to wonder if the church’s actions in seeking redress for the victims as well as acknowledging its own fault didn’t prevent any number of lawsuits being filed against it. Had the WTS taken the same tack, the Conti case never would have gone to trial.

Quendi

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

An organization that is inherently corrupt and dishonest does not have the culture to act in that manner, and it is unrealistic to expect that.

• Scott77
    Scott77

marked for later reading

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow. A must see for my wife!

Those damned churches of Christendom! Always trying to show up the Only True Religon.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

A couple of excerpts from this article demonstrates how WTBTS (when placed in a similar situation) has likewise put concerns of their almighty $$ ahead of concerns of pleasing their Almighty God when it comes to cases of child molestation:

‘Church officials often face a wrenching dilemma: If they do what they feel is right in the eyes of God, they can put their church at risk of financial claims that could end its existence.’

There's no telling how often that sort of impasse occurs. Discussions between churches and their insurers (or lawyers) on how to handle abuse cases are typically kept confidential, as are any resulting settlements’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit