To all Witnesses - Are you a Brother or a Sister, or just a Publisher?

by The Searcher 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

I've been associated with several congregations, and the one thing which is common to them all is this - the preaching work is the foremost thing we are told to focus on. (Matt. 6:33 is always used to reinforce this direction)

I'd like to ask all my fellow Witnesses who have had the courage/strength to view this & other websites, two questions;

1) Every month, how many hours do you spend in first call, return visits, and Bible Studies? (probably commendable)

2) What percentage of all that time did you allocate to visiting widows, sick, and elderly in your congregation?

The point I want to make is this; we spend so much time trying to get "new ones" into our "spiritual paradise", but once they are baptized, they can be easily forgotten about. I have seen it in the past, and I see it now - vulnerable ones left to deal with health/day-day problems on their own, and not an elder in sight, let alone R&F. (I have spoken with such ones)

Scriptures to ponder on;

(John 13:35) "By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves."

(1 Corinthians 12:25) "Its members should have the same care for one another. "

(2 Corinthians 6:13) "So, as a recompense in return—I speak as to children—YOU, too, widen out."

Searching for new ones is pointless if we ignore/abandon our existing brothers & sisters.

(Galatians 6:10) "Really, then, as long as we have time favorable for it, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to [us] in the faith."

(Galatians 6:10) "Really, then, as long as we have time favorable for it, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to [us] in the faith."

Searching for new ones is pointless if we ignore/abandon our existing brothers & sisters.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

If you love them, set them free. From the delusional religious lies of Jehovah's Witnesses™.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Searcher -- they cannot count their time visiting and worrying about those who are already "IN".

Doc

• Scully
    Scully

I remember one lady who Studied™ for a couple of years, she was a single mom of three, and was on social assistance - didn't have a car. The JWs who Studied™ with her were happy to go out of their way to pick her and her kids up for Meetings™ and Field Service™, let her tag along to District Conventions™ and Circuit Assemblies™. The last ride she got from them was at the end of the District Convention™ when she got Baptized™. The next Meeting™ she was on her own as they had another Study™ to cart around.

This poor lady was like "They say they'll die for you, but they can't give you a f*cking drive to the Kingdom Hall."

• Nambo
    Nambo

Its worst that that, its actively discouraged to be a Christian in the JWs.

I used to visit the Old Widows in the congregation when in my late 20s, they would go to the meetings, then go home to feel lonely and that nobody cared about them, so I would go around and they would give me cups of tea and bisquits and proudly tell me about thier Husbands and their youth.

I was subsequently told off by the Elders and such activity was prohibited, single Brothers must not visit single sisters, even if they are in their 80s.

Doctrines of men are their identifying marks, not Christian Love.

• blondie
    blondie

When I was still in and about ten years back from that, the WTS did comment that d2d was pointlelss if more people were leaving by the back door, that shepherding was important, that Jesus left the 99 behind to go after the one needing help. Also fathers were told to help their wives with the children at the meetings because many wives were tiring out and rarely heard a word at the meetings and were spiritually weak. Words that few BOEs put into practice for very long. No CD at work so I will try to find these quotes at home, unless you are familiar with them and can post them.

• wasblind
    wasblind

The last ride she got from them was at the end of the District Convention™ when she got Baptized™. The next Meeting™ she was on her own as they had another Study™ to cart around._______scully

I know that's right Scully,

those where the ones who were cast off, that would hitch a ride wit me

No gas money offered, Jehovah provides

Guess I became Jehovah at convention time

• blondie
    blondie

My husband came in as an adult and as soon as he was baptized they dropped him like a hot potato, couldn't count their time any more.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Blondie,

Did your husband say how that made him feel ????

I didn't mind helpin' those who needed, but my car can't hold but so many

Then they have the nerve to ask, can their children eat cheetos and doritos

in my car . That's where I drew the line

• blondie
    blondie

He considered the individuals flawed but as I did not yet, he did not see how flawed the organization was and not reformable. That took ten years' experience in several congregations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit