Local Needs?

by Rawrities 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Rawrities
    Rawrities

What are the "local needs"? They are addressed to the congregation right? Like what they need exactly?

I am still in, and attended the meeting during the week. The local needs talk was about "Sexual Abuse" Which made me kinda worried. I have two sisters that just started preaching. Does that mean that are pedos in the congregation? :O thats creepy!

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

It may be a reaction from the abuse scandle but ya that is there way of warning the congregation, with no names..... thanks for that? right?

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

They may have found out about the Conti case ELDERS being LIABLE $$ and there has been a Pedo in your hall for YEARS.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Does that mean that are pedos in the congregation? :O thats creepy!"

I would be inclined to believe there was a local incident. Otherwise the usual local needs are "stop gossiping," "sisters please stop showing so much leg and boob," "you should attend every meeting, arrive 20 min early, stay 20 min after," etc.

• Aware!
    Aware!

Wanna know what I did when I learned about Candace Conti and the child molestation cases? I searched my state's sex offender registry. Maybe a national search would be better.

http://www.familywatchdog.us/

• blondie
    blondie

Even if there weren't known pedos in the congregation; you don't know if there are some unidentified ones, let alone pedos in your neighborhood, schools, any job of authority with access to children.

Did you say they talked directly about abuse in the congregation or a congregation or was it just in general to be careful. 60% of pedos are family members or friends of the family, people known and trusted in the community.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Local needs are just that. Decided uPon by the local honcho's.... My guess is something happened. Take heed.

• sir82
    sir82

Almost certainly that means there are, or at least have been, pedophiles in & around your congregation.

Was anyone DF-ed recently?

If not, then the pedo is still likely right there within the congregation.

As noted above, keep your eyes and ears open.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

If you are a parent maybe you should demand that the elders tell you if there is a predator in the congregation as a result of the talk. You have an ethical right to that information if it's in their possession in my view and if they refuse to give it to you they should be ashamed.

• Gayle
    Gayle

You have an ethical right to that information if it's in their possession in my view and if they refuse to give it to you they should be ashamed.

What percentage of JWs will step up to their 'ethical right' for this info?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit