Need Advice Please: My Sister Making Fool Of Herself

by CrimsonBleu 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Heliaphora
    Heliaphora
    </form>
    I would suggest calling APS. I work in a nursing home and see this more then I care too. APS can investigate since it's by law considered financial exploitation of a vulnerable adult. You are POA which means you should have access to all financial information. Now POAs can be drawn up for different things such as one POA will only deal in the financial aspect and another POA will deal in medical decisions. Some states have different laws regarding this but that's the general rule. It also matters if your mother considered legally incompetent. POAs power vary on the ability of the elder to make decisions. It can be very narrow of only having access to the information and decisions that the elder gives permission to or it can be very wide having full access and being able to make all financial and medical decisions(as in the case of dementia leading to the elder not being able to make healthy decisions for them selves). Usually in cases where the person in charge of the finances are not caring directly for the elder the person providing care can send an itemized "bill" of all expenses and submit that for payment from the estate. Again it vary from state to state but that's the basics. APS can initiate an investigation and can request that the courts involve themselves and remove any remaining POA from the person in question if it finds that exploitation is happening. The courts can compel your sister to hand over the money so your mother will have access to her estate(through the new POA). I don't know how much this will involve your mother. I've seen it go on with out the direct knowledge of the elder but that was in the case of sever dementia where the person couldn't express their wishes regarding their care. It matters greatly how competent your mother is to how much they would involve her. If anything give them a call they might be able to give you a better idea of what to do.
  • Heliaphora
    Heliaphora

Sorry about the formatting I've been having problems posting on this site from my computer it either shows up all messed up or is blank.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I agree with Heliaphora. Let the Department of Adult Protective Services do an investigation first. They will be able to tell you if you need an attorney, or one may be appointed for your mother.

• CrimsonBleu
  • CrimsonBleu
    CrimsonBleu

Wow, I just typed a response and nothing. So back to Chrome again. What is up with that anyway? I have been here for a long time lurking and never had this posting problem before.

I lost everyting I was going to say, and I guess I can sum it up that I appreciate what heliaphora said too. I do need outside help, and I don't want to appear like a jack ass trying to get it. My sister has done me and my other sister wrong, and now she insists she hold moms money, making up stories to justify her reasons. She is a hindernace. She is well known for making problems where there never was. My husband says she isn't happy unless she is making someone else miserable. He is right.

Thanks, I needed some support from others like me. I love you guys.

• mP
    mP

Jesus was very rude to his mum. Given his dad was if he was still alive quite old, theres no scripture telling us that Jesus cared for his old parents in anyway. Jesus was a quite a work, but nice is not one or caring of them, remember he was too busy telling Jews to be good little tax payers and faithful slaves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit