Is the Watchtower Corporation guilty of purposely infusing a overwhelming amount of fear to control people ?

by Finkelstein 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Brown
    James Brown

Fear is one of the foremost human methods of controlling other humans.

The Watchtower socieity didn't invent it and they are not the only ones that do it.

Thru out my working life, my employer attempted to instill fear in the work force everyday to achieve

employers desired results.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

As far back as the late 1800's the WTS. has been exploiting the basic beliefs of Christianity in its endeavorers to attract attention to its publicized goods.

The variable dates proclaimed of the return of Christ, the great tribulation , Armageddon etc. were all exploited vehicles with this endeavored in mind.

But it was really fear that held the structure of the religion in place all those years. The impeding doom of mankind being in last days

is still propagated to this very day and still imposes fear in to people's minds the exact same way it did 100 years ago.

The marketing strategy with this religious publishing house has continued on for over a century, dates have been changed, names of

the organization's leading magazines have been changed but the core strategy of the organization is marketing fear.

To a certain degree it has unfortunately worked.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FINKELSTEIN:

Yes, I believe they use the tactic of fear to retain people. How many members would just get up and walk out if there were no fear holding them in? Their families are held hostage with emotional blackmail and in many instances there is fear of financial loss if somebody has a business and wants to leave. All their JW clients and customers would leave them in the lurch in a New York minute.

So, I would say there is a lot of fear and paranoia in this religion. The sick part about it all is that they don't provide any REAL security to anybody. This is a dangerous delusion about the whole thing. Most people there have to go out into the world to earn a living. But yet the religion tries to pretend it is a little village in ancient Israel and they expect the members to go along with the charade!

• Ding
    Ding

I take it the title question is rhetorical.

The whole WT system depends on constant fear that you won't prove worthy.

• dog is god
    dog is god

Duh.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since God of the bible exemplifies fear, the WTS. just exploited that fear to sell pieces of literature and

even promote people to distribute that literature which originally drew their attention to the organization.

Ironically there's no "Truth" to be found at the WTS. publishing Corporation.

• looter
    looter

This will always be the main tactic to decieve humans into the Watchtower Corporation. Fear is something that will control and make people do just about anything. Therefore, brainwashing techniques will remain the Watchtower's cup of soup.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Fear and a good portion of human ignorance goes a long way in the domain of religious beliefs.

• 1Averagejoe
    1Averagejoe

I remember the audio cassette dramas, I used to listen to over and over again, such as "beware of loosing faith by drawing away from Jehovah. " Some scary stuff used in there to instill obedience. And now they have short video clips for our young ones still getting them to feel the fear that Jehovah will not be pleased with them for breaking some recently made up GB rules.

Pictures in the publications and words depicted to the mind are not subtle either as even old timers can vividly recal gruesome dipictions of prophecies applied to those not within the fold, from old publications like "From Paradise lost" one brother close to 60 years old commented that it gave him the shudders.

Fear + guilt = religion

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit