Intense emotional dream

by fade_away 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• fade_away
    fade_away

I had a dream last night I don't think I'll ever forget.

You see, my brother passed away a few months ago from an asthma attack at the age of 36. I've been learning to accept it and trying to move on, but last night a dream re-opened the wound a bit in a good way. I dreamt that he was still alive but he knew and we all knew he was about to die...as if it was a terminal illness he had instead. Him and my wife and I were hanging out one last time the day before he was supposed to die. (we even knew the day of his death in my dream)

He was talking about how he just finished paying off his house mortgage just in time before his death, and he was talking about his life and all the things he wished he would've done. I was just listening the whole time. Then without saying a word, I interrupted him with a hug. He hugged back and we didn't let go for a while. No words were needed, we all knew what the hug was for. I started crying really hard in the middle of this hug and then I woke up. I didn't say a word in this dream. It was just a goodbye hug that I didn't get the chance to give him in real life. I woke up crying as hard as I was in the dream.

My brother shows up in my dreams from time to time. I try not to tell my parents about my dreams of him because that just opens the door to JW propaganda and guilt trips and fairy tales of resurrection. I talk about him, they talk about Jehovah. To me that is WAY off the subject. But oh well, I thought I would share that little experience here. That is one memorable dream I had!

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

This must be a difficult time for you. Dreams are a way of releasing emotion and repressed pain, so what is happening is emotionaly positive for you. Being able to say goodbye in a dream helps in working towards acceptance and closure. You will alway miss your brother but I hope that in time the pain becomes less intense.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I experience such dreams whenever I lose someone close as well. They tend to diminsh with time but will pop up in times of stress. I am about 50/50 on this subject. Whether, I am meeting up with loved one on the astral plane or my monkey brain is just releasing emotion, this is a gift from God.

Sorry, for your loss.

• sabastious
    sabastious

Beautiful dream! Sorry about your brother, that's a young age to go.

-Sab

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I cried reading your post Fade_away. Actually I'm still crying. I am deeply sorry for your tremendous loss of your brother.

But, it really was a lovely, lovely dream. Thank you for sharing it. I'm glad that it brought you comfort.

I dream about my mom all the time and she passed away 2 years ago.

From the time she was diagnosed till the time she died was 7 months ( 4 more months than was expected)., so I had the chance to say "Goodbye" and I am so grateful.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I sometimes get visited in dreams by those whom I have lost.

When I was 16 I lost my younger brother to drowning. He has returned to me in dreams many times, though not so much any more.

Every time the theme was the same. I would be doing something with him and then realize he was dead. I would tell him that, and every time he would give me the same answer.

"No, that was just a trick."

I have had such dreams about my sister, mom, dad and others. They give me comfort to see them once again.

Let your dreams be whatever they are to you, don't let anyone impose their views of what this means, especially not religious dupes who do not have a clue about what they are saying.

• Xanthippe
  • breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Wow, that was one hell of a dream! Thank you for sharing. . . It is amazing how the mind works this stuff out.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

(((((hugs()))))) Aww you made me cry.

I had a very vivid dream after my sister died. She had lung cancer and only lived a few months. Even though we knew she didn't have long it was still a tragic blow, one I just couldn't come to terms with. In the dream she looked so healthy and happy, I knew it was a message to let me know she was really, really ok.

I still think of that dream every time I have a bad moment and it gives me great comfort. I hope you get the same from your dream.

Peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit