PRINCE praising JEHOVAH the true God

by biometrics 23 Replies latest jw friends

• biometrics
    biometrics

And what a wholesome history he celebrates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGE5hALa--s#t=3m50s

Use this link to skip to the important part (copy into browser):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGE5hALa--s#t=3m50s

Most R&F Jehovah's Witnesses would be disfellowshipped if they openly celebrated their "sinful" past.

Be sure to comment in youtube.

• darthfader
    darthfader

Ok at about 3:55... I just lost my lunch, breakfast and some of last nights lasagna...

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Sorry, blown away by a funkay sound and great band: Prince can do no wrong, in my book....

• Diest
    Diest

How amazing would it be if he came to an apostate's door. Id love to rip him up. As a born in I rarely liked the converts. They loved to tell me how they got to have sex and drink, while telling me to never do it.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That really did praise the past of which is was supposed to have repented. Still----freaking excellent. He was made for this life (music and performing NOT Jw), every single thing about him fits it.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

He did dance music sex romance LOL

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

cant deny, the man(?) can ROCK.

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm suprised he ain't been disfellowshiped for cross dressin'

what other active brother can go 'round wearin' four inch heels

without bein' called to the back

• biometrics
    biometrics
    How amazing would it be if he came to an apostate's door. Id love to rip him up. As a born in I rarely liked the converts. They loved to tell me how they got to have sex and drink, while telling me to never do it.

I remember one "convert" was always telling stories about sex, women, fast motorbikes and wild holidays. Then he'd end his narrative with something like "but of course, that was all in the past", with a sorry tone like he missed that life.

Not many born-ins liked him (i.e. jealous).

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Well, he had toned it down vs vintage Prince (Purple Rain days), with more of a soul review show and conservative clothes.

Not sure if he is baptized, but I get the feeling the guy is using the JW thing to keep him grounded, but if they wanted him to not perform, he's no fool: he'd dump the JWs in a minute, just like he fought the record companies for control of his recordings (and hence why he changed his name to "the Artist formerly known as Prince" at one point: he did that to get out of a restrictive recording contract he was in with Warner Brothers).

In the video (from 2005), it was mentioned he was the highest-grossing touring act in the U.S. the year before. He fully well knows that $$$ and his music career trumps religious beliefs.

I remember one "convert" was always telling stories about sex, women, fast motorbikes and wild holidays. Then he'd end his narrative with something like "but of course, that was all in the past", with a sorry tone like he missed that life. Not many born-ins liked him (i.e. jealous).

Heh, maybe that's why Jesus gave the parable of the vineyard workers, where he said it was the owners business if the workers who came late to work were paid the same as those workers who put in a full day's worth of labor....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit