Judge Rutherford Was Extremely Politically Neutral

by God_Delusion 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

Howdy guys and gals,

Yesterday I received an email from a JWB visitor which pointed me to the 1934 Yearbook. I was completely shocked to see just how politically neutral the 2nd President of the Watchtower Society really was.

Here's the article - http://www.jehovahswitnessblog.com/jehovahs-witness-history/are-jehovahs-witnesses-politically-neutral/

I suppose everything that's in the past with regards the Watchtower Society is, as we say, in the past and falls under the old light section...

Love,
    Jaymes

• Terry
    Terry

In Rutherford's letter to Hitler he presents the idea (sure to please Hitler, he thinks) that Jews are trouble makers and opressers. This Anti-Semetic

rant was identical to Adolph Hitler who was using it as a pretext to round up Jews and scape goat them.

Siding with Adolf Hitler is hardly neutrality.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Siding with Adolf Hitler is hardly neutrality.

Neither is working in the political campaign of William Jenning Bryan.

Actually, several biographers have placed Da Judge as politically left-leaning.

Farkel

• jgnat
    jgnat

Rutherford was anti-establishment. He was liberal with his targets.

http://www.catholic-forum.com/members/popestleo/peddlers.html

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

What a big hypocrite.

“And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus.” Rev 17:6

• ballistic
    ballistic

Listen - I'm not the brightest spark in the box here, but if you click on a few links, aren't we faced with blatent anti-semitism designed to discredit this site?

• James Penton
    James Penton

I haven't read what many say here, so I really don't know what you mean by blatant anti-semitism. Can you spell it out. The reason I ask is that some regard any criticism of Israel as anti-semitic which it isn't always. Sometimes it is simply taking exception to what Israel is doing in relation to the Palestinians and in violation of international law. I have a great deal of respect for many Jews: I also have disdain for others. As one Jewish friend said to me: "Jews are like everybody else, only more so." One other thing, how does this relate to Judge Rutherford? Frankly, I do think he was anti-semitic.

• Prognoser
    Prognoser

@Terry

In Rutherford's letter to Hitler he presents the idea (sure to please Hitler, he thinks) that Jews are trouble makers and opressers. This Anti-Semetic rant was identical to Adolph Hitler who was using it as a pretext to round up Jews and scape goat them. Siding with Adolf Hitler is hardly neutrality.

This reminds me of similar sentiments confied to then U.S. President Richard Nixon by evangelist Billy Graham. Meanwhile, Graham officially praised the Jews and Zionism, as did Nixon, whose cabinet was over-represented by Jews (see Whitehouse Nixon tapes for more). And with the heavy Zionist influence in the Watchtower (B'nai Brith, Natheer Salih, etc.), it's likely that Rutherford's personal feelings on the Jews were just and only that.

• james_woods
    james_woods

This thread makes no sense whatsoever.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

I'm a little confused after reading the Reader's Digest article in jgnat's post. The article was published in 1941, and it references the witnesses' changing the 1914 doctrine to mean Christ's rule would start WWI. I thought they didn't change this till 1943?

Could someone please clear that up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit