Disease and The Human Body Being Perfect

by ballistic 20 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic

This is just my own observations and pondering. I was thinking about the way the body's immune system

is under a constant barage from our surroundings and internal problems like cancer, and if you look at HIV sufferers

before the very strong drugs were developed were prone to bizarre cancers and illnesses you would not normally see,

and it seems to me that the body exists in a world where things are prone to go wrong and it is liable to break down.

The body has many systems including different aspects of the immunity at a cellular level and physiological ways to deal with illness at

every level ; it's designed to live in what we call an "imperfect world".

What I am saying may seem like stating the obvious, but we were bought up to believe the body started out perfect and through sin fell a notch

down from perfection. What I say is everything about the human body is designed to live in this world, and it's amazing that usually it does so well for

the 80 - 90 years we now get.

What I am talking about as an ex-cult member is a paradigm shift from a perfect body which has become imperfect to a human body with very complex systems for surviving whatever occurs within or to it and it is constantly under such threat.

Am I making any sense?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Yes, you are. ;). What you expressed is evolution, in a nutshell. The JW view is flawed.

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

I am now reading "Multiple Myeloma- A Textbook for Nurses." Yes, the body is so amazing.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

..What I am saying may seem like stating the obvious, but we were bought up to believe...

Intentional or not, your lapsus linguae is so very true.

• James Brown
    James Brown

If you believe in evolution, which many do. In my opinon you shouldnt use the word design.

The word design makes many english speaking people think of the word designer.

What I say is everything about the human body is designed to live in this world, and it's amazing that usually it does so well for

Maybe you could say the human body appears capable to live in this world.

The human body somehow developed the ability to survive in this world.

But using the word designed indicates a designer at least in the America I grew up in, which is not the America

that anyone lives in today.

• ballistic
    ballistic

bought up to believe is just a typo, on IE 9 it's very hard to edit or go back and change things.

About the word "design", maybe I do use it more frequently being brought up a witness, however, I don't really have a problem with it's use. As we say a wasps nest or an ant hill is designed to let out heat or whatever, but we don't really mean the ants got together with blue prints and thrashed out a plan.

It just so happens that ants that built ant hills long and tall let out the most heat and more of them survived so the ant hills evolved to be long and tall.

(I'm just making up some random example)

So the human body is designed to do this that and the other is just semantics, at least it is the way I use the word.

Multiple Myeloma book was kinda what I saw a few weeks ago that I was thinking of in the post above.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I think either the ants get together to plan the design for the ant hill, or they were progamed to by the desinger.

• cofty
    cofty

Ballistic you are spot on. Science shows incontrovertibly that there was no perfection, no fall, no orignal couple and therefore no original sin.

James Brown - "Design" in science simply means the link between form and function; it does not imply a designer.

I think either the ants get together to plan the design for the ant hill, or they were progamed to by the desinger. - JB

That's only becaue of your limited understanding of the mechanisms of design in nature.

• James Brown
    James Brown

We have so many words in the english language.

I think you scientist should come up with better, original words to say what you mean, instead of using words that

have clear deffintions and implications.

• James Brown
    James Brown

How do you know the ants don't get together and talk and make designs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit