Who else here sets their alarm clock to 6:07AM?

by hoser 12 Replies latest jw friends

• hoser
  • the-illuminator81
    the-illuminator81

That's funny. Maybe i'll do it tomorrow.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

LOL Do you hit the snooze button knowing it's a false alarm?

• hoser
    hoser

Do you hit the snooze button knowing it's a false alarm?

now that's funny!

• BroMac
    BroMac

3rdgen: i'll be chuckling at that all day! false alarm... hehe...it was a false alarm... oooohh my sides

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Man you must be bored tonite, or just lacking imagination.

• ballistic
    ballistic

The thing about globe trotting is you wake up to a different type of alarm clock every few days. The buttons all work slightly differently, and when I was in Toronto, I thought I hit "snooze" but instead put the clock forward by two hours. About 10 minutes later, I woke up with a massive panic, started flicking through the yellow pages working out how to book a new flight to New York in order to make my other connections. I didn't find the correct time until I was in reception trying to check out.

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I used to years ago. Said it was because I felt like I was going into exile for the day

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Really funny!

I set my alarm clock to 5:13am.

I'm getting older and need the extra minutes of sleep. I used to set my clock to 4:56am.

It's all a play on numbers. (4, 5 & 6 - or all odd numbers like 1, 3, & 5)

I've never liked setting an alarm to an even number like 5:00am or 5:30am.

Funny story - a long time ago, I worked nights (I.E. midnight to 6am) on the weekends. It really put a damper in my social life (like I really had one... ). I worked two different departments at the same company... radio announcer, and radio engineer. Well, my announcer hours were the midnight to 6am hours, and they also had me scheduled for a 'man on the street' for the sister Spanish station where I drove the van with the Spanish DJ to a location in the city where I put up the VHF antenna and handed the microphone to the announcer who then did a 15 minute interview that was broadcast remotely.

Enough background. I was usually beat after a weekend of odd hours, and would lay down to catch a few Zzzzzzz's on Monday before heading out to the radio station to make it there at 5:30pm. My alarm was set for about 5:00pm so I could get up in time and head out.

I don't remember hearing the alarm. I know it went off... I just don't remember hearing it. The alarm clock was right by my bed, where I woke up, reached over, turned it off, and went back to sleep. Or perhaps I never woke up, and turned it off while still asleep.

All I know is that I woke up around 5:20pm with a start, realizing that I had overslept, ran out the door, and drove downtown in record time. It was normally a 15 to 20 minute drive... I think I made it there in less than 10 minutes.

I got there okay... heart still racing... and proceeded to do the 'man on the street' show with the Spanish DJ.

When I got home later, I moved the alarm clock waaaaaay across the room so that I physically had to get up out of bed to turn it off.

• Glander
    Glander

How funny. I thought I was the only one. For several years! Made me wake up with a smile.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit