New Human ancestors....

by snare&racket 11 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

So at what point did god say....now you are human... Your name is Adam!

A new skull has been found of a human ancestor 2 million years old. When will mere evidence be enough?

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn22151-fossils-confirm-three-early-humans-roamed-africa.html

Snare

• still thinking
    still thinking

I think it was when we were feeling soupy snare&racket.

That article is interesting, but it is inconclusive on whether it is really part of the lineage that lead to Homosapiens. It seems to be a different species.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The theory is that here were various species of human ancestors and not one direct lineage. Just adds more questions to the Genesis account! Well, assuming all the scientists arent working for Satan x

• Cacky
    Cacky

I read in one of the Watching the World of a few years ago, they mentioned Neanderthals, as if the Watchtower accepts them. And they were another hominid. I wonder if it was a "rogue" jw in the writing department that got that in. It was quoting some scientific mention of them. There was nothing about what the Watchtower thinks of them. And they know from genetics that we humans have some Neanderthal genes from past interbreeding.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

At one time, homo sapiens lived alongside at least 5 other human species.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I love new hominin discoveries. And wow...a jawbone.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    At one time, homo sapiens lived alongside at least 5 other human species.

Didn't those other human species cut the mustard with god? Were they Adam or Eves decendents? Wait...how would that work?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

The latest word on neanderthals from WT is that they are human! Well they say .."some scientists claim".... Of course with no names or references. They say it in that evolution brochure released 2yrs ago?

I love this stuff too Leolaia, every discovery is huge piece to the jigsaw. We are so lucky to even find such fossils.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

wow - looks interesting

• Nambo
    Nambo

I remember a cartoon from the 1% Motorcyle magazine "EasyRiders".

Had this anthropologist gleefully emerging from a cave with this very primitive looking skull announcing, "Look!, Ive found the missing link"

Behind him however, his perplexed looking colleague is emerging holding a Harley Davidson petrol tank.

Wish Id cut that out and kept it, whilst not exactly out of the mouth of babes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit