Shunned by an ex-jw

by Joey Jo-Jo 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

I was watching one of alun williams videos on youtube. I was a subscriber to his channel, that is until he blocked me completely due to one comment I made on his video watchtoweralert1---HOMOSEXUALITY

Mind you this was the only comment I have ever made to any of his videos, most vids are your typical ex-jw info but he is now making videos specifically about the bible, one being about homosexuality, although still an ex-jw he appears to be still carrying a lot of jw luggage, for one he has just false propheticed the end, and he spoke against same sex intercourse.

Being youtube he is entitled to do what ever he wants on is channel, however youtube is also place for discussion and debates and in no way was my post worth blocking, and being an ex-jw I expected him to know better.

What I posted was - I much rather see those outside the org, but really if you want to play that card you have a lot to answer for, for one circular reasoning. - that’s my block worthy post

If one thing I learned in leaving the org is that I can not trust others, not even myself, and being open minded is very very important for truth seeking skills, but it seems our friend has closed himself back into his old ways.

Here is the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWOr305sweo&feature=plcp

Edit: After this incident I am completely blocked from posting anything on any of his videos.

• baltar447
    baltar447

IH8FUNDIES

Well not the people, the fundameltalism

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Blimey homophobes blocking homophobes - who knew?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Yeah, sad if an ex-JW.

There's some pro-JW videos on YouTube where the posters seem to operate as unofficial channels for the WT organization, and don't tolerate any open and fair discussions; any comments slightly less than glowing are deleted, and users banned. I can't tell whether they're supported with funding from WTBTS or not...

• Joey Jo-Jo
    Joey Jo-Jo

GromitSK wrote Blimey homophobes blocking homophobes - who knew?

What do you mean?

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

This guy's comment on the bit where where Lot says, "hey I've got a couple of daughters who are still virgins - take

them and do whatever you want," is, hospitality was paramount in those days. Hospitality? Take my daughters?

This story tells us something about morality? No, it doesn't.

• cofty
    cofty

He is clearly in the closet.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

@joey I read your comment as supporting his view on homosexuals. Was I wrong?

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

@cofty he sounded under the influence of something to me.

• cedars
    cedars

If this IS shunning, and not merely a difference of opinion, then it wouldn't be the first time I've witnessed it. When I first "awakened" I became aware of a friend who is also effectively an apostate as regards the organization, but he chooses to remain a JW nonetheless (despite not having much by way of family ties). However, he is one of those reformists who believes that the Watchtower once held a special relationship with God but has forsaken it. He therefore apparently believes the organization is due to be divinely disciplined, whereupon it will return to God's favor, and therefore it shouldn't be left entirely. I understand there are many who feel similarly, and therefore continue to call themselves JWs despite disagreeing with much of the doctrine.

Anyway, after we "compared notes" I slowly heard less and less from him, and now I hear virtually nothing at all. Last time I went to visit him, he made it clear that he would need to shun me if I were ever disfellowshipped. It's quite sad really because he's a genuinely nice bloke, and we get on well. However, there are certain elements of JW belief that he refuses to let go of, and he seems to view me as a heretic for daring to turn my back on things entirely.

It's worth remembering that there are lots of different "shades" to JW apostasy, from chaps such as my friend mentioned above right through to atheist ex-JWs. The different groups don't always see eye to eye (as we've witnessed on this forum) and shunning (or rejecting "bad association") is obviously part of the JW DNA.

Cedars

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit