Computer chair philosophers:

by FlyingHighNow 22 Replies latest jw friends

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

"Dear Religion,

While you were debating which chicken sandwich was best to eat, I just landed on mars.

Sincerely,

Science"

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

I think John Lennon was a very good song writer and singer, but wouldn’t follow him as a philosopher or politician. Believing in fairies, and in everything until it gets disproved doesn’t sound very helpful to me. We were given brains to use them.

Very idealistic people can become accomplices of people with no scruples, in disseminating an idea and making it look harmless or even positive when in fact is very damaging. About the song Imagine is a beautiful song, but a dangerous utopia if it was to be taken seriously.

Normal people usually love their country, (it’s like an extended family), their possessions, their religion (with its private and social aspects), and all men living as one is not possible as evil people do exist and living at peace with them is just not an option.

Everybody has the right to express their opinion, and to be respected, which doesn’t mean you have to agree with them.

The same way that you don’t go through life insulting people’s haircuts, or ties, you shouldn’t insult something far more sacred for them like their beliefs.

Each of us has a glimpse of reality, not the whole picture. Reality is what it is, with or without our believing in it, and at the end all that will survive of each of us is that which is positive, negative energy tends to its own destruction.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I always like Harrison's songs more. Lennon was a little self-righteous and out there for me.

-CF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit