How Does One Destroy a DVD on Purpose? Help needed!

by PaintedToeNail 25 Replies latest members private

• finally awake
    finally awake

something clear and sticky maybe? like corn syrup or sugar water to gum it up

• Heaven
    Heaven

Shred it. If you don't have a shredder, snap it into several pieces. I recommend wearing protective gloves and safety glasses/visor before breaking it though. You could probably cut it with some tin sheers or scissors as well.

OR... you could profit from it and sell it on eBay.

• stapler99
    stapler99

I've got an idea which would be quite hard to carry off. You would need to somehow make a copy of the paper stuck to the DVD and stick it to another DVD that doesn't work so that it looks identical. Then replace the original and throw it away. You could use a blank writable DVD - although there could be a problem with the colour being different (purple instead of silver).

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Who uses DVDs anymore? I though they went away shortly after the 8-track and the invention of the internet and cloud computing.

My point being, given the internet, nothing goes away. Pick your battles.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Not to sure how he recorded the Assembly on a DVD disk, what kind of camera or audio devise uses DVD disks.

Anyways if the disk is re-writable you could put it back into the recording devise and just record over it. Place the devise in a shoe box,

close the lid over it and put the box in a dark closet for a few hours . That should do it

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

Suggest to your family that you feel uneasy, that you think there is something wrong... something very wrong - a demonic presence in the house. Interrogate your family about everything they have recently brought into the house repeatedly. Ask for a list of things they brought into the house each day until you get back to the day of the DC. Keep pushing and pushing it.

If they don't admit to bringing anything new into the house, go on a witch-hunt, searching through everything in their private spaces until you find the DVD. When you do, be sure to confirm that this DVD is the thing that feels wrong. Tell them how you feel violated and lied to. Make no attempt to be rational with anyone. After all - you didn't violate their space - they violated yours. Your loved ones need to feel intense guild and shame. They should feel guilty for bringing such a DVD into your home. Make them carry it out to the trash themselves and throw it away while you watch over with your arms crossed.

Then tell them you feel like riding bikes.

- Lime

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Diest-I think I wll try your approach, buy a lighter and slowly heat the surface. Too think I've been reduced to sneaking around in my own home...sigh.

Thanks every one for all your suggestions.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Maybe you should express concern about the approriateness of anything featuring "Sparlock, the apostates' hero." That may get the DVD destroyed and thrown into the trash, where such "apostate material" belongs!

Watchtower 3-15-1986 oage 12

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I'd be tempted to try acetone, or even a bit of clear nail polish, applied to the boot sector of the disc.... (I'm assuming someone with a name of "painted toe nail" might have some....) :)

BTW, that woman in the pix looks like she's outfitted and wearing a hairstyle from 1886, not 1986!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Get your family doing exercises in critical thinking to render it ineffective.

If they object, get them to provide sensible reasons for their objections.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit