Do you take energy shots or sleep shots? What do you take? How do you like them?

by Iamallcool 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

From time to time, I take 5 hour energy shots and Ichill shots.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

nobody here takes them?

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

bttt

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Nope, don't take 'em.

Took energy shots a couple of times. They have a slight effect but I never drank a WHOLE one all at once so I don't know how well they'd REALLY work.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I find using the correct color temperature of light works quite nicely. Before bedtime, use a "warmer" light. Most people use too cool a light--too much blue (and if you are using one of those squiggly things, you are getting too much isolated blue, which is even worse). Using a color temperature similar to candle light before bed should do nicely--those lights are redder than normal.

In the day, or if you work nights or want to stay awake for tasks, you need a cooler light. A higher color temperature is called for, and most people use a bulb that has too low a color temperature. Daylight is best, but there are LED bulbs that emit a 6500 K color temperature. Try using one of those before getting up, and see if it makes a difference. If you cannot find a 6500 bulb, a 5000 bulb is nearly as good. Use a plenty bright light, and a sufficiently high color temperature, and see if you can cut back on your energy shots. Before bed, try a 1800 K bulb (LED's are best) that is underpowered and see if you can cut back on your sleeping pills.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I daren't take them. My metabolism is messed up enough.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

thanks for the suggestion, wtwizard.

• NCO
    NCO

5 Hour Energy shots kept me going during Soldier Leadership Course. 16 hour days of powerpoints, D&C, field exercises, and a couple hours sleep interrupted by fire watch. Maybe 8 hours sleep in a 72-hour period. We were chugging those suckers like they were the nectar of the gods. The ads for 5 Hour Energy says that there's no crash and they LIE! When I'd get home, I'd barely get my boots off before I was asleep.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The ads for 5 Hour Energy says that there's no crash and they LIE! When I'd get home, I'd barely get my boots off before I was asleep.

Yeah, there is NO stimulant known to man that doesn't require/demand a crash afterwards... That's just not how pharmacology and cellular physiology works. There's always a piper to be paid....

For a sleep aid and resetting the biological clock following travel (jet lag), I find that sublingual melatonin does the trick (not the pills that are swallowed, but formulations that are placed under the tongue (which is what 'sublingual' means), hence avoiding the delay that happens when the pill must first enter the digestive tract, etc).

Sublingual administration allows melatonin to avoid the "first-pass effect", as well (where orally-administered meds enter the liver on first go-around). Hence, the melatonin enters directly into the bloodstream under the tongue, creating a surge of melatonin that hits the brain (that's how the native hormone produced in your body acts, producing a surge of sleepiness).

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

interesting comments so far. Anyone else taking energy and/or sleep shots? I am interested to try variety of shots. Thanks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit