Code Words for Fade Mode?

by SophieG 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Almost anything we try to do to identify ourselves to other faders or those that are mentally runs the risk of being used for nefarious purposes by those wishing to 'keep the congregation clean'. So with that in mind any signal has to be something that can easily be dismissed as a misunderstanding or mistake if picked up on by the wrong person. Maybe something like this:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kBY6pF42I-c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Man why can't I embed video? Do you think it's cuz I'm posting from an iPad? Stinking dang it.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Many years ago I knew a guy who had beeen raised a JW who went to the USA on business, he was visiting WT HQ and was taken for a "brother", he had left years before and was a heavy smoker, he hid all that though, but some suspicions must have been aroused because he was in the habit of using lots of Dubtalk that by then was way out of fashion, he referred to "the Brethren" for instance.

I guess if we could bring back some old disused Dubspeak and pepper our speech with it, if challenged we could always laugh it off, but it would flag up to a fellow fader that we were not fully a JW drone.

Use Back Call instead of RV etc etc

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Using the ol' green Bible was talked about for a while, but I think that's too obvious now.

We can't go for not answering up & yawning ostentatiously because that's about 70% of the audience.

• dreamgolfer
    dreamgolfer

I say...." i golf on Saturday and Sundays"

• SophieG
    SophieG

Billy says: "I'm attending university fulltime." works for me

Is this how you would identify yourself to someone who you think is fading?

Glander says: How about, "I'm just taking a break while they figure out what the fuck the truth is and then stay with it for longer than 18 goddam months!"

LOLOLOL!!!!! Now I would love to use this!!!

Phizzy says:…..I guess if we could bring back some old disused Dubspeak and pepper our speech with it, if challenged we could always laugh it off, but it would flag up to a fellow fader that we were not fully a JW drone.

My brain is too fried to even go that far back…

Dreamgolpfer: I say...." i golf on Saturday and Sundays"
    That is awesome

I think I will start the conversation with: Yeah…I missed the DC…I was on a spiritual vacay…

• Emery
    Emery

Normally hearing gossip or participating in gossip about the Elders gets you all the info you need on a fader. Gossiping is allowed and heavily utilized in the organization. They had a watchtower study on "good gossip" and "bad gossip", they encouraged gossip from the podium....I remember thinking, that made no sense! So I use this strategy to get feelers on faders and fellow heretics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit