Wtbts was an NGO w/ UN, what about the other Harlots?

by notjustyet 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Wtbts was an NGO w/ UN, what about the other Harlots?

I was driving down the road today and was running the scenarios of JW folklore and how it is wrong, wrong, wrong!
    For some reason I drift over to the UN WTBTS NGO ( I know right? lol) relationship and how the WTBTS says that it was only to have library access, right.

I began to wonder about the other NGO (Non Government Organization) that have signed up with the UN over the years and particularly which ones might be holding the reigns of the Wild Beast (UN) specifically.

The way that I see it if the WTBTS can demonize the other religious organizations by referring to them as the Harlot that rides or controls the Wild Beast then I thought I would look into the Harlots credentials with the UN.
    It looks like the WTBTS had good company when it comes to being a NGO as there seems to be Harlots galore. Or do you think that that ALL wanted Library cards?
    I came up with this link:
    http://rngos.wordpress.com/member-organizations/
    Where it list "The committee of Religious NGOs at the United Nations"
    Here is a list:

MEMBER ORGANIZATIONS as of July 1, 2011

Baha’i International Community
    B’nai B’rith International
    Baptist World Alliance
    Bhavat Sevashram Sangha
    Brahma Kumaris World Spiritual University
    Congregation of Notre Dame
    Federation of Zoroastrian Associations of North America
    Greek Orthodox Archdiocesan Council of North and South America
    International Catholic Organizations Network
    International Mahavira Jain Mission
    International Shinto Foundation, Inc.
    Jewish National Fund
    Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns
    The National Service Conference of the American Ethical Union
    The New Seminary for Interfaith Studies
    National Spiritual Assembly of the Bahá’ís of the US
    Passionists International
    Pax Christi International
    Religions for Peace
    Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary
    The Salvation Army
    Sisters of Charity Federation
    Society of Sacred Heart
    Soka Gakkai International
    Syrian Orthodox Church in America
    The Temple of Understanding
    The Wittenberg Center for Alternative Resources
    Union for Reform Judaism
    United Religions Initiative
    Unitarian Universalist UN Office
    Universal Peace Federation
    Wittenberg Center for Alternative Resources
    Women’s Division GBGM of the United Methodist Church
    Won Buddhism International
    World Council of Churches
    World Council of Conservative/Masorti Synagogues
    World Day of Prayer and Action for Children
    The World Peace Prayer Society

SD
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

What it boils down to is, the WT is no better than the other Harlot Jockeys that it wants to denigrate.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yep, maybe worse...because they do it then lie about it...Hypocrites....guess there will be a lot of gnashing of teeth come judgement day...LOL

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

There is nothing intrinsically or biblically wrong with a religious organization being an NGO affiliate with the UN. The problem is that the WTS teaches that the UN is the "image of the wild beast" and is of Satan, then nonetheless decided to become affiliated with it for its own selfish reasons. None of the other religious organizations you listed proclaim such a teaching about the UN, therefore they are not acting hypocritically in aligning themselves with it. Only the JWs brand themselves as hypocrites by their actions.

It's as if you went around every day telling people that hamburgers are of the devil and Christians should have nothing to do with hamburgers, then one day, we found you at McDonald's scarfing down Quarter Pounders. The rest of us don't believe that there is anything wrong with eating hamburgers, so we are not acting hypocritically by eating at McDonald's - only you are, since it is your own proclaimed standard that you are violating.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    There is nothing intrinsically or biblically wrong with a religious organization being an NGO affiliate with the UN.

No shit

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I was thinking of how the WTBTS say the Harlot is riding the Wild Beast, as it were. (lol) I wonder exactly HOW the Harlot interacts with the Wild Beast?

Is there some other way that they interact OTHER than being a NGO? I mean that this would seem to be THE way to share their concerns with them.

Is there some other level of communication between them that is stronger than being a NGO?

WTBTS, you signed up with the UN and agreed to abide by their principles, you took the reins of the Wild Beast as you refer to the UN and all for a Library Card, really? I don't thinks this makes too much sense. Does the Un have some books that are not available elsewhere? I mean, your in New York, right?

NJY

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Does the Un have some books that are not available elsewhere? I mean, your in New York, right?

All they had to do was apply for a day pass, or put in a request at a Repository Library. Every excuse any JW will give you will not stand up to scrutiny and cannot be supported with the appropriate paperwork.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Yeah,

I remember reading somewhere the letters back and forth from the London Bethel rep and the reporter from the Uk Gaurdian ( I believe it was) and how he busted the bethels reps balls when he caught him lying about the library card excuse.

NJY

• kepler
    kepler

Why would the WTBTS become a UN NGO?

Look for documents produced and activities undertaken during the 1991-2002 period. For example:

PDF]

In re Holocaust Victim Assets Litigation :

www.swissbankclaims.com/pdfs_eng/WatchTowerBible.pdf

UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT. FOR THE EASTERN DSTRICT OF. OF NEW ...Holocaust Victim Assets Litigation (Swiss Bank Litigation). Proposed ... COMES NOW, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania, ( hereinafter ...

In this instance, the WTBTS legal office submitted a plan to obtain funds from the Swiss sources based on the deaths and sufferings of Jehovah's Witnesses during the Nazi period from 1933 through to the end of WWII (1945). The plan, available as a PDF, describes briefly how funds would be used to educate the public about how JWs suffered at the hands of the Nazis. No provision is made in locating survivors or relatives of the deceased victims. Contrast this plan with a similar plan submitted by a NY Jewish group.

Acting as an NGO organization gives some leverage for such proposals. And I presume that that is what the organization wanted and obtained. Most likely there are other proposals and NGO activities in the public or not so public record that involve activities other than checking out UN library books.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

There is nothing wrong with government per sec... and/or government bodies working together for peace.

What is wrong is hypocritically calling the UN the beast and then secretly joining it for advantage.

Can't blame other religions for supporting something they believe in.

My daughter works for the segment of the UN that is responsible for aviation safety...and I'm proud of her.

Edit: Oops...I see NeonMadman already made this point..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit