Your Terrifying Lack of Imagination

by palmtree67 15 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    that aims for at least passing fluency in all three levels, so that life, love, God and everything else become dynamic and surprising, never locked into a single rigid, uptight meaning."

That's about as good as it gets. Devotion to any extreme leads to imbalance. We can’t change the world, we can only change ourselves.

I agree with this. If you're going to err, err on the side of love and balance, not on the side of hate and imbalance.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

No and No.

I thought you were illustrating Level 3 thinking and was playing along....

Dammit! Your delay tactic worked (I forgot what the questions were)?

Oh, well, this meeting is adjourned. See you at the meetings.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Dammit! Your delay tactic worked:

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Interesting.

Thanks, Palmtree! I'll be reading through this a few times. :)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

A nice (fictional) example of a folktale as a metaphorical vehicle for expressing philosophical insights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlZZ-iGjJi0

• Terry
    Terry

In my opinion, the biggest problem is the fact that both the Left and the Right have fatal flaws which leaves us with the crazies and the anarchists.

The Liberals are flawed by their idealism unconnected to disproofs of history and the willingness to mock other points of view and silence their critics.

The conservatives are flawed by archaic reliance on religious myths and total willingness to disbelieve science when it gets inconvenient to their beliefs.

The Libertarians are flawed by blanking out the reality of threats from outside and willingness to abandon strong defense.

Our leaders are fatally flawed.

No matter who is elected President, for example, 50% of the population will mock, despise and work against him.

It is not Imagination we lack so much as it is humility and intellectual honesty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit