This is harder than I thought...

by SophieG 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

The WTS only recognizes one honorable way out of the religion... death.... preferably while doing field service...

• SophieG
    SophieG

Undercover:

I don't say a word. LOL! But I learned it's best to get up and leave because I have caught myself talking responding to or talking about the fallacies as if i am still in. ARGH!!!!!...it's just comes flying out! It's like living in bizarro world! I am still new at this...

King Solomon:

"HOWEVER, what it DOESN'T say is that the FAMILY must respect YOUR decision to leave, and should not shun YOU. It doesn't say that, because we all know they DO have a standing obligation to NOT respect your decision to leave, and in fact they most likely WILL shun you (or else they'll be subjected to being DFed, themselves)."

So true! But this is how you KNOW it's twisted. They will READILY ACCEPT AND INTERACT with the non-JW family members. But if YOU decided to live your life like said non-JW family member you are SHUNNED!!!

Although I will continue to stress that one family member who has faded is still in good standing with the entire family...AND sadi family member has gently been explaining why they made the choice to leave...

• yknot
    yknot

I am still in....

You eventually develop the mindset that each is own their own journey.....

You are just further along then them...

Accepting this and knowing how the WTS operates can allow you some emotional closure....

Remember being JW is like being a citizen in a nation that is worldwide...... and we have our own language.

Just because you are deciding to 'fade' from the nation doesn't mean you lose your 'native tongue'......so speak JW to your JW family. This will soothe them and make them less fearful. Keep up with whats going on (easy to do....just read Blondie WT reviews and browse JWN).

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Sophie said:

Although I will continue to stress that one family member who has faded is still in good standing with the entire family...AND sadi family member has gently been explaining why they made the choice to leave...

Well, that's a good sign: it means they DO recognize boundaries for the power the WT can exert on their lives. There is a ray of hope...

You might consider if you'd be more effective staying on the inside (as an undercover 'mole', if you will), so as to subtly exert influence to facilitate a mass migration? Because as you know, once you "out" yourself, then you carry less influence in their eyes. The shields will go up, or at least they'll look at you with a wearier eye that normal...

PS maybe you could keep track of the time you spend apostylitizing, or maybe even consider becoming a special apostylitizoneer? ;)

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

You need to just start saving money, and seeking outside frienships.

This is very important, particularly the friendship part. I learned this earlier on this website too, about a girl who was still in but planning her way out and keeping her outside social life in check.

No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.

This is a jewel. I love it when I find contradictory statements in the WT's own publications.
  • sseveninches
    sseveninches

The JW speak kills me too. My family recently had lunch with another family and two of their friends, and one of them said, "don't be surprised if info about the "Big Day TM " is right there in the bible and we just can't see it yet". But the idiot completely forgot that the bible says that only Jehovah knows that info, no one else. Also, he can't seem to realize that there hasn't been a single WT prediction that actually turned out to be true.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Sophie said:

PS I'm sure you know it, but there's a world of difference between fading and being DFed...

The fader has to be careful not to do anything to warrant DFing, or if they do, not to be thought of by anyone as being associated with JW's. It's ALL about trying to protect the public perception of JWs, you know....

Even there, I was never baptized, but still shunned by JW family members after I let them know about my "apostate" activities (I posted a comedic video making fun of Noah's Flood on YouTube, and although not specifically critical of JWs, it was close enough to warrant shunning. Like I care: if I had let their opinion control my life, I'd still be trapped in a dullard existence like theirs).

Sseveninches said:

But the idiot completely forgot that the bible says that only Jehovah knows that info, no one else.

They hate it when a non-JW corrects them on their own beliefs.... :)

• moshe
    moshe

Fading is not a workable solution, IMO, as it goes against human nature to be your own person and to live a free life. When is the last time you read of anyone coming back here and saying- my 5 year old fade worked!! My family quit the KH!! The mental stress of living a fake life will fail just as soon as you let your guard or willpower down. Rather than leaving the KH with your head held high, you end up getting the boot by the elders as a liar .

• moshe
    moshe

You can walk out of the Wt Gulag and start a new life-- the one you were meant to live-- for some reason, people just refuse to embrace a free life. I guess they would rather help push that wheelbarrow for the GB-

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I guess I've gotten pretty good at tuning it out. It's like I'm with children that start talking about what Santa's going to bring them. I don't feel compelled to shout at them, "Santa isn't real. Reindeer can't fly. How could you be so stupid?" I just don't say anything until the subject changes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit