The golden 3 step official Watchtower retirement plan

by Terry 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

If you have any of the following symptoms you may want to consider the golden retirement plan offered by the Watchtower Society of Jehovah's Witnesses.

1.IT'S BORING!!! Every "new" book reads just exactly like the old ones. Adam and Eve in the first chapter and Armageddon in the last chapter. Five meetings a week make your butt go numb and your mind wanders. The voices of the brothers on the platform blur into a droning monotone. The songs are like bad Lawrence Welk recordings. You feel your mind melting into goo. 2.PRESSURE TO DO MORE!! Everytime you turn around you are being urged to do more. More field service, more magazine placements, more bible studies.....which naturally means LESS TIME for your own free choices. Having "free time" is made to seem like an out and out sin or apostacy. Recreation is viewed the same as fornication!! 3.OBVIOUS ERRORS!! You start to see discrepencies in the doctrines. What use to be a marvellous expectation is shot down in a depressing "New Light" revelation. Y ou've heard it all before and it begins to look like some kind of CON JOB! 4.DEPRESSION!! There never seems to be a way out. You feel like a rat in a maze or a hamster on a wheel cranking away at a furious pace going nowhere! You can't get out of your financial doldrums or plan for a future--it is out of your hands. The best you can do is put a good face on it and pretend to be fulfilled. It means your life is becoming a lie. You feel suffocated and want to run out of the Kingdom Hall screaming. But, you can't! Does any of this fit you, my friend?

Try the official 3 step retirement plan of Jehovah's Witnesses.

1. Simply s ay out loud what is on your mind a t any time without fear.

2.Answer demands for loyalty to the Governing Body with : "Been there, done that--didn't work for me!"

3.When invited to a judicial committee meeting simply say: "Sorry, I've got better things to do with my time."

You will be granted permission to retire at this point!

You can get any job you want.

You can read any book or magazine, watch any movie, hang out with any person without looking over your shoulder!

You can get an education, earn more money, travel, meet new friends and sleep late on weekends!

Oh, by the way, the only retirement plan the Watchtower offers is called: disfellowshipped!

The best part is that you never have to talk to those idiots again!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

Good Topic.

But, ever notice how many seniors are at the KH's. I think that they come because they are lonely, and this is the only place for them to get some attention. The JW's are good at recognizing their elderly that way.

There is the odd nudge about that 96 year old auxilliary pioneering.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

TERRY:

I almost DID run out of the hall screaming once so I can relate to this feeling. Before I began 'fading', I could hardly stand listening to anything there.

QUARTERBACK:

Yes, some seniors are lonely and for some, this is their only trip out of their house except maybe for the supermarket and maybe the doctor's office. I generally got along with these older folks except I didn't like when they criticized younger working people for missing meetings. Some of these older people (women) either never really worked or they forgot what it was like to be in the workforce.

The religion knows enough to respect these seniors. Otherwise, that would be like killing the proverbial golden goose.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Terry, I did exactly this a year and a half ago and retirement is GOOD! Should have retired sooner.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I took an early retirement and I couldn't be happier! I'm glad there's no minimum age to retire from the borg

• Terry
    Terry

I took an early retirement and I couldn't be happier! I'm glad there's no minimum age to retire from the borg

Excellent point! Age is no barrier!

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I dodged the draft. Their recruitment material was found wanting in so many ways.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I took an early retirement as well.

The pension is off the charts fantastic too!

I like the way you presented this Terry. I'm sure there are hundreds of thousands of current JWs who can relate to the symptoms you described.

The Oracle

• Terry
    Terry

I personally know several STILL-IN people totally fed up but unwilling to risk family shunning.

Their lives are a living hell!

Oh those boooooooring meeeeetings that never seeeeeeem to end!!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Those boring meetings, it used to disgust me that at a service meeting where 99% of the congregation is a publisher already, the assignment was to study for 20 minutes in the OR book "why JW's go in the field service". If your at this meeting and you don't have a clue as to why you are going from door to door??? here's your sign.

Give me three steps

Give me three steps mister

And you won't see me no more.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit