Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 07-29-2012 WT Study (GLORIFY)

by blondie 19 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

I actually was at the DC and listened to the WT summary for this. The speaker went so far as to say that in ancient Israel parents or spouses of apostates would turn them in to die and that they would even cast the first stone!! He then said likewise, we should turn in these apostates in to the brothers, not letting our eye feel sorry, it was so disturbing to here. It was a not so veiled threat. sickening!

• Honeybadger
    Honeybadger
    It's a shame that I have to stay in it for a bit longer, if I want to have a house to live in.
    Same here...

Same with me, too, unfortunately.

• sseveninches
    sseveninches

I also heard the summary for this article at the assembly. I was asleep through most of it though, so this is really the first time that I went through it in detail.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

Those guys with their delusions of being in charge of the universe.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Frist, there is no way I would ever EVER want to glorify that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag. He has steadfastly refused to cave in even the slightest little bit toward letting me enjoy the opposite sex, and I wish never EVER to give that scumbag, his son Jesus, or his butt-holy spirit any glory ever again. Jehovah built the universe in such a way that I would get runaway negative experiences, and it has gotten to the point where even if Satan and His Demons could devote full attention, I believe they wouldn't even be able to make a scratch on it. If Jehovah was worth anything, he would have placed a "circuit breaker" in the system to prevent this, and it would have gone off long ago. He didn't. Therefore, Jehovah, Jesus, and the butt-holy spirit are worthy of nothing more than desecration.

And even if I could reflect Jehovah's spirit, I don't think anyone would like it. Would you like having promises continually not fulfilled, yet being expected to act as if they were? Endless demands for sacrifice, appeals to wait (remember, Jehovah can outwait anyone--your life is 3 minutes to him), and excuses of every kind to not relent on necessary things. Then, you get stock examples from the LIE-ble, and the requirement of thanking that scumbag as if you had received it. Never mind that these incidents were isolated cases, and they were in prominent Jews in lead positions toward fulfilling Jehovah's own selfish purpose. Are you a prominent Jew leading to the promised Messiah? If not, and even if you are a Jew in a prominent position today, none of these stock examples affect you and you should not be thanking Jehovah for things that were done for someone else some 2,000 or more years ago. Either Jehovah proves his worthiness on you in reality, or it doesn't count.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This is no joke. An elder who was at my home was regailing us with tales from the Elders School. Guess what he had learned all about?! There is an appendix in the back of the NWT with all kinds of stuff in it, like old words and junk! Also, I should see what the insight book says under Jehovah because there is a lot of stuff there too!!

• blondie
    blondie
    The speaker went so far as to say that in ancient Israel parents or spouses of apostates would turn them in to die and that they would even cast the first stone!!

But David did not turn in his son Amnon for raping his own half-sister, Tamar.

No one turned in David for his adulterous relationship with Bathsheba (carried on in view of those working in the king's palace) and having her husband put to death (telling one of his military men to arrange it). God had to reveal it to Nathan the prophet.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Blondie, that is why when somehting is found out and reported, usually behind someone back because they heard something through gossip, when they get turned in the call it jehovah's work.

No credit for the backstabbing gossipers.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Theme: ‘Are You Reflecting the Glory of Jehovah?’

1) Not when you allow pedophiles and molesters to roam free among the flock.

2) Not when you promote and practice hatred such as disfellowshiping and shunning.

3) Not when you teach such untruth as no blood transfusions.

When a so called Christian religion’s main doctrines follow the above agenda and leadership stubbornly refuse to change-they are not even reflecting the glory of their Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Billy: I made the observation to my parents that there's only one part on the meeting that really revolves around looking at the Bible. Why is it the Bible Highlights is such a pathetically short part of the meeting? Why is it in the instructions that comments are to be kept so short that you can't develop a complete thought out of a verse?

So true. In fact, lately the brothers doing the highlights have been asking the cong to try and apply their comments and observations to the ministry.

It is very clear that JWs don't know how to read the bible, but they won't have a chance if they're TRYING to misapply every scripture!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit