I have a hypothetical question...

by Greybeard 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Glander
    Glander

True story.

My 6 year old grandaughter, Miranda, was told she was very smart for knowing that it was springtime because the flowers were blooming. She replied, "I know everything". I asked her, "everything?"

She thought a moment and said "well, half of everything."

I like that. I guess I know half of everything too.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I'd like to think that humans will eventually learn that cooperation and sharing is better than selfishness and domineering. I'm not sure though that people will ever really get to that point.

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

What would it take to have a peaceful planet? The creator would have to do away with FREE WILL by making nothing but robots programmed to do exactly as told. OMG!!! I just described JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

Kojack

• Greybeard
    Greybeard

@ Kojack

Do you believe in complete "FREE WILL" where anyone can do whatever they wish?

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

As long as your have free will there won't be peace because there are many opinions and strong wills/characters that won't agree to the opposite view. Not everything is black and white and perception of good/evil or right/wrong is always evolving. Even today, what one society views as good may not be viewed as such by another society. One could argue that a totalitarian rule could be the only one to can keep the people in subjection but obviously not all would be happy with it's policies.

If the other planets had free will like we have here, you can look at the last thousands of years and you'll have the same results on all planets - ever changing views, societies and governments. There is no true or wrong but ever changing ideologies that move people to live in a cyclical pattern of their ancestors. Even with democracies people can look at Germany or even a last results of Greek election and you can tell that with major poverty and suffering people will move away from government ideologies that are generally acceptable and move toward fascist ideas as a way of trying something different from the present way of rule. (Greek fascist party would have never got as many votes as they did had the economy been not in severe recession and austerity measures were not creating such hardships)

WTS has a simplistic view and only way their simplistic view could be accomplished is if the people were all drones, non thinking subjects, followers of the leaders. Even though wts has power over general population of jws today, in a global society this sort of life would still create rebellion and as under any past governments, if it were not subdued quickly, free thinking would spread and wars would break out for more freedom and rights and that would be the end of jw's paradise. Oh ya, I forgot, Jehovah will zap anyone with non-conforming ways. Under wts totalitarian theocracy would you want to go out and invent something new or theorize on anything other than what you're told by the society? If wts said the earth was flat, who would argue that point unless there were willing to get pelted with stones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit