Sparlock spotted in Taiwan

by Steve_C 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

No, not 'Made in Taiwan,' but actually in Taiwan.

I thought you might enjoy some photos of yours truly engaging in heathen activities while wearing my new Sparlock t-shirt. I'm not really a Taoist/Buddhist, but sporting the Warrior Wizard shirt while burning incense in the temple made me feel like some kind of naughty double-apostate .

The one-hundred+ year-old Wu Fu ("Five Fortunes") Temple, near my apartment.

Getting ready to pray at the first of six altars.

Praying for more hair. My only hope is the combined powers of Asian gods and Sparlock

Offering the incense after praying.

My friends praying at one of the interior altars.

After visiting the altars, it's time to burn symbolic money for one's ancestors. It's sad that so many of us burnt up real money donating to the Worldwide Preaching Legal Retainer fund.

If you'd like some more information about this temple, including some cool interior shots, here's a nice blog entry I found.

• Iamallcool
  • finally awake
    finally awake

I love it! I'm going to wear my SParlock shirt to Alaska in a couple of weeks

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Very nice pics. Good luck on that hair. I gave up long ago

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Really great photos, Steve! And very funny post!

The T-shirt looks fantastic. Go Sparlock!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

You drop that burning incense right now into a pail of water, Mister! The only thing that should be burnt is that Sparlock t-shirt!

(never mind the irony of telling you that burning of one object constitutes idolatry, then to claim that burning another item is NOT!)

;)

• cofty
    cofty

Very funny Steve, thanks for sharing those.

• Joliette
    Joliette

LOL nice pics!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

That makes Jehovah sad. But since he's only a fictional stone age god, you've done a good thing. Is it good enough to produce a luxurious head of hair? It can't hurt.

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

Great pics! Thanks for sharing.

and ~ Namaste ~ (noticing your beautiful rainbow Om avatar)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit