How do you feel about pranks/practical jokes?

by Chemical Emotions 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

I've always felt kind of torn on the subject. But honestly, I don't like pranks. In general I think they're unkind, especially when done to a child, an animal, an elderly person, or someone already stressed/distraught or not in good mental health.

I've always really hated two things: 1) seeing people embarrased. god, do I hate that. And 2) (even more so) seeing people become dissapointed. It tears me up to see someone become happy just to be dissapointed when they discover they are having some joke played on them.

But, that's just me.

So what does everyone else think...?

• jam
    jam

I hate it with a passion when it,s demeaning. On my

job we had a group that played the lottery each week.

One nite after the numbers were announced one of the

group members came to me with numbers so I could check

them. The numbers match one of our numbers. I was out

the door, in my car before they told me it was a joke.

My heart was pounding, I was running around like a

mad man. Everyone on the job was in on the joke. I

felt like a idiot.

• blondie
    blondie

(Proverbs 26:18, 19) . . .Just like someone mad that is shooting fiery missiles, arrows and death, 19 so is the man that has tricked his fellowman and has said: “Was I not having fun?”

Pardon the scripture but this popped into my mind. I hated pranks, designed to laugh at a person, to make them not trust you and can be dangerous.

• Chemical Emotions
    Chemical Emotions

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one. And I'll admit, blondie, the scripture does fit.

@jam: :( That was mean. See now, I don't like that.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Humiliating people for fun or sport is not cool. Not all pranks and practical jokes are humiliating though.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

April Fool's day can be fun if the jokes are not done in a mean spirit. My mom's dad was the best leg puller. Sometimes it took me years to figure out he had pulled our legs, even long after his death. And how wonderful it was to figure out and laugh and smile about one of the tales of"Uncle Greendaddy." He used to call himself that sometimes. He was the best of the parents in either side of the family. I miss him terribly.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

I dont like things that make people feel bad in any way. I like light hearted goofy funny humor. The other day at McD's I replaced the girls straws (they are 3 years old) with a long french fry...lol they laughed so hard and called me silly :) I guess I dont like pranks but i love pulling someones leg.

• Iamallcool
  • NOLAW
    NOLAW

If the target is the same every time this means that there is something very wrong.

• finally awake
    finally awake

I'm not a fan of "jokes" or "pranks" that are mean spirited or meant to humiliate or demean someone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit