What race or ethnicity would you think this old guy is?

by SweetBabyCheezits 24 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

Good pic SBC.

Compare it also with this picture of a juvenile chimp. Notice how human it looks without the extended muzzle of the adult.

The retention of juvenlie characteristics into adulthood is known as neogeny. It would appear our face is a result of a mutation or series of mutations that caused us to retain the juvinile form of the cranium of our common ancestor.

• undercover
    undercover

Do you think he is still waiting for Armageddon too?

hahaha... probably not. He does look a little brighter than your average dub

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

The flip-side is the same gene that results in a hairless chimp by being turned off is the same gene that can be turned on in humans,

resulting in this (congenital hypertrichosis, AKA Ambras Syndrome):

• cofty
    cofty

He needs to wax.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Gene expression means that some genes act as switches that can turn other ones on or off, e.g. growth of fur in primates is expressed by genes that are controlled by others. If a "defect" occurs in a switch, then you see hair being expressed in a species where it normally wouldn't be seen (this girl) OR not seen where it otherwise would be (Jambo, the chimp, resulting in alopecia, hair loss).

Here's the story of one brave little girl with Ambras:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1361409/Supatra-Sasuphan-hairiest-girl-Wolf-child-says-Ambras-syndrome-makes-popular.html

• witnomore
  • witnomore
    witnomore

Poor kid ...

• Sulla
    Sulla

Fucking chimps. I hate 'em. Damn them all to hell!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Poor kid ...

Dunno if you read the story, but she's a brave little kid who is really quite beautiful...

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Sulla: Fucking chimps. I hate 'em. Damn them all to hell!

Mmmmm... sounds like hearbreak to me. Who was she, buddy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit