I have a question for any ex or current elder or co.

by blindnomore 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
  • flipper
    flipper

BLONDIE- Thanks for bumping up that old thread ! Appreciate it. It does have a bearing on this particular discussion. Maybe I'll bump it up for newer members to see what the WT society wrote to elders

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Thank you so much everyone. You all are awesome!

I should have said 'any of you that have knowlege on following questions' on the Title.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I thought about Flippers comments. The COBE gets the mail. A number of times thing were missing from the files. Since the ENVELOPE has the names and dates and "do not destroy" on it...it is entirely possible for ANY elder to get into the file and REMOVE, READ, or DESTROY files. If the envelope is gone, and people have stepped down or moved NO ONE would miss it unless they were on the original commitee...or someone counted those envelopes like baseball cards....not likely. humm.

Surprizingly in one congregation I was in with a "shady P.O.", some of the Child Molesting letters from Bethel were missing,(more complete sets are online!) Also any envelopes regarding his or his best friends family members were missing. The files were a mess when I got them. Later he and another Elder were removed and disfellowshiped. Apparently he liked informal witnessing with the ladies.......of the evening.

No checks and balances like the private sector or the courts. Many files could be doctored, or have a little cut and paste and copy machine repairs.

I would expect some congregations are buying heavy duty shredders after the Candance Conti verdict. I would expect a number of Elders to use "theocratic stratigy" to preserve homes, savings and retirement accounts.

Take me for example- I am on here. 90% of the brothers I served with are disfellowshiped, removed, moved out of area, or dead.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Blind no More; In the Candace Conti case Kendrick HAD been a servant but was "rank and File" also. What you are describing is Rape & Child molesting. So report to the police and get an attorney ASAP !!

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

7 - 10 years unless Child molestation occured or conspiring, lying, etc... 7 years for old publisher cards so "Minimum 5 years ... 20 years is not rare ...." is certainly accurate.

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

Balaam, Was Kendrick a ministerial servant at the time of moleting Candace or was he appointed later?

The Watchtower has been arguing in court of their nonliablility over their Rank & File's crimianl acts including child molesters. If JW molesters are in the clegy position such as elder, MS, overseer, pioneer(church appointed its status), the watchtower has less ground to argue their nonliablity over them.

The Watchtower usually have settled the case under such situations. WAIT! I wonder that's the reason why the Watchtower took chance on Candace Conti's case!! Kendrick may have not been MS at the time. Wasn't that what the Watchtower attorney argued at the trial and to news reporters that they can't be resoponsible for what Rank & File did(do)??? Wow!!(those guys tried, didn't they?)

I am convinced that is the very reason for the recent changing of Watchtower policy of granting over to local elders to appoint pioneers without society's approval. (See, who's resonsible for the actions of pioneers now? It is non other than local elders not the Watchtower Organization. Wow!)

• committeechairman
    committeechairman

1 How long does the Society keep records of publishers diciplinery actions at cong level and at the branch ?

I'm pretty sure the electronic information on this is retained forever at the branch office. Others posts have already outlined the retention policy at the congregation level.

2 How would you respond to the Society's claim that they are not responsible for the criminal actions of the rank and file?

Of course, they can claim anything they want where it comes to legal or criminal liability. Really, it all comes down to a question of whether the criminal actions referred to here were committed as a result of or in the course of the rank and file member's duties connected with the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses as a non-profit entity. Previous laws which protected non-profits from liability of member actions (Charitable Immunity) no longer exist.

You might find this link interesting reading: http://www.icnl.org/research/journal/vol4iss2_3/art_3.htm

• theopug
    theopug

Yes the same famous Merton from the Service Committee. Until his death was on the board of the Chritian Congreation of Jehovah's Witnesses Inc.

I have this from a good source.

• DNCall
    DNCall

Welcome Committee Chairman and Theopug.

I knew Merton well. One time, I called the service desk and he answered. I blew through the anominity policy by making him admit his identity!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit