Topic of the day "if the stones can cry out" why go door to door?

by dreamgolfer 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dreamgolfer
  • King Solomon
    King Solomon

Problem is, stones don't have hands/arms or legs, and hence can't drive cars to get to the field service meeting, or get up onto the porch, much less knock on the door or ring the doorbell. It's a real problem....

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I bet more folks would listen.

• heathen
    heathen

stones can't raise money.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Because they can't waste MY time and energy by having the stones go out. Nor can the filthy angels waste MY time if they do the work themselves--so they just bark out orders and expect me to do the work.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

WTWiz said:

Because they can't waste MY time and energy by having the stones go out. Nor can the filthy angels waste MY time if they do the work themselves--so they just bark out orders and expect me to do the work.

I don't want to give the angels any bright ideas, but it seems like it would be more effective to delegate some of their authority and put the rocks in charge to bark out orders to the R&F.

Ohhhh, never-mind: it seems they already did. ;)

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I hear the stones crying right now " lock your doors don't listen to them you'll be really sorry if you take a mag"

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I've always wondered that too. Just think how effective that would be. Stones are everywhere, the streets are made of stones, we pass stones as we go for walks or drive in our cars. A talking stone would be far more interesting than a talking bald guy in a bad suit or a fat woman with long graying hair and a peasant skirt.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

A talking stone would be far more interesting than a talking bald guy in a bad suit or a fat woman with long graying hair and a peasant skirt.

HOWEVER, it seems Jesus forgot the implied message of the talking serpent in the Garden of Eden account: if something talks that doesn't normally do so (eg a snake, a rock, a tree, etc), it's probably best NOT to do what it tells you to do.... :)

On the other hand, I coulda swore I walked past a few rocks at Disneyland which were SINGING, and periodically talking about how long until we'd get on the ride? It sounded like it knew what it was talking about, so I dunno?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Stones are notoriously stingy when it comes to contribution boxes, and stones don't give a shit if you DF them.

Besides that, if stones did cry out it would be proof positive that God was making them do it, and their words would always be true.

Nope. No stones. That would screw up an existing and perfectly good religious printing scam. Gotta send humans from door to door, even if stones volunteer to do it.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit