Hello again, sorry it's been so long!

by theBGB 12 Replies latest jw friends

• theBGB
    theBGB

Hello all!

I joined the site a few months ago, made a big splash then kind of dissapeared for a while. I would like to thank those who I came into contact with and let me into their lives and hearts. If anyone worried about me during my absence at all then I apologize; I have not regressed or been kidnapped/re-brainwashed by the borg. Finding this site was a cathartic experience to say the least, in the first few days I spent very little time doing anything other than reading hundreds of posts written by the wonderful people who gather in this cozy corner of the net for those who have seen the light (or the darkness depending on how you look at it). I had never before had the opportunity to speak with a single other person who had left this disgusting cult and it was quite overwhelming to see the dozens, the hundreds of people on this site who shared similar experiences as I growing up. Going from one post to another for days on end was an emotional roller-coaster that had me full-out crying at times, both from sadness of the evil injustices of the organization and from joy at seeing so many who have broken free from it's chains of control. Posting the first part of my story and experience growing up Jdub was a whole other level or catharsis that led me to run the whole gamut of emotions over again. I became fairly active in the forums in the following weeks, spending hours a day writing, chatting, and reading old posts. Eventually I came to realize I was becoming somewhat obsessed and decided I needed to take a break and concentrate on my life in-the-moment as opposed to re-hashing old feelings of depression/angst/sadness/anger...lots of anger. I thought that the evil JW org had stolen enough of my life, and by obsessing over the past and my stolen childhood was just giving them more power over my life, and I vowed long ago that nothing a JW could say or do would have any affect over me ever again. So I took a break, didnt mean to be gone for so long, but alas - real life has an annoying habit of gettin in the way.

I would like to say, however, that my time spent here has been wholly beneficial to me. A lot of those negative feelings had been simmering in me for years, decades really, without a forum (web or otherwise) to express them and get them off my chest. In the past I've had a lot of inner-struggle between blaming my parents for the way they raised me (failed to raise me) and blaming myself for my anti-social tendencies, runs of depression, and poor decision making. Of course a fair bit of that boiled down to just being a normal human being, but after reading so many people's stories that ran parallel to mine I finally made peace with that fact that, yes, my f*ked up childhood and the cult I was forced to participate in had a hugely negative affect on my life. And as strange as that is, that realization has brought me a good deal of peace of mind and gone a ways to repair the damage this cult's indoctrination has left in my subconscious

So again I apologize for my prolonged absence, it is wonderful to be back amongst my loving peers. In the immortal words of E.L.O.: "Thank you [all] for thinking about me, I'm alive and doing fine."

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Welcome back then theBGB !

Glad you are feeling better mentally about your past.

CoC

• clarity
    clarity

A big welcome backBGB!

Hang in there ...it's a rollercoaster that is for sure,

sometimes you don't know which end is up!

What are your plans now?

clarity

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Well done to you. Very glad to hear the forum helped.

Loz x

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Welcome back,BGB.

Bangalore

• Quandry
    Quandry

I thought that the evil JW org had stolen enough of my life, and by obsessing over the past and my stolen childhood was just giving them more power over my life, and I vowed long ago that nothing a JW could say or do would have any affect over me ever again.

So glad you are feeling better now.

I don't know that the "vow" you took that nothing a JW could say or do would have any affect over you will work really well at all times. The very fact that we are all here on this forum shows that they did certainly have a great effect over us. We can't expect to be immune. We just cope better knowing that we now have seen the WTS for the man-made organization that it really is, and the aren't bound by their authority any more.

Yes, it is important not to give them any more of our lives, and so I hope that you have formulated goals for yourself and are pusuing them now. As one poster said, living a good life is the best revenge!

• mouthy
    mouthy

So glad you returned. We are all family here, led astray by a false prophet. But we have it together now mate
    BGB....

From Mouthy Granny Grace

http://exjw.weebly.com

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Glad to hear that you're doing well and getting on with life!

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Congratulations on your escape! It's overwhelming when the light pops on in your head and you have to rethink everything you've always believed.

I did the same thing - tried not to think about the past and concentrate on the future. Thing is, it's impossible to dismiss 32 years of my life. And once I realized that I'm the person I am today in part because of my experience with the cult I came terms with it.

Glad to hear that you're doing well!

http://scottleblog.wordpress.com

The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• Thor
    Thor

Hello BGB!

I must have missed your introduction story, so I clicked on you and read it. I am glad for you that you are out of the borg!! Happy for you too, to be getting your education! and going on with your life, at your age, you have so much living to do!! Enjoy!

Hello too to cobaltcupcake! I noticed that you just joined last month.

Love, Mrs. Thor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit