New contribution box at the hall ?

by Poztate 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

Do you think in view that they now have WT production videos.. (a costly endevour) that they might in addition to the WWW, local and literature donation boxes start a WT video productions box with special guilt laid on parents with small children to donate ?

It does seem to be all about the money so it wouldn't suprise me...how about you

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

I think those sick bastards will make a donation box for children to donate towards helping pedeophiles that abuse them. But of course they will call it let's help the sick people box.

Kojack

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

but at least they don't have a collection plate...just a bunch of collection boxes

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

No, but there may be reminders that a comercial DVD of this quality goes for $20-30.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

but at least they don't have a collection plate...just a bunch of collection boxes

Don't forget the credit card machines!

• Poztate
    Poztate
    No, but there may be reminders that a comercial DVD of this quality goes for $20-30.

Yep... Just as good as a Walt Disney™ movie..

Maybe when the new downloads start there will be a plea for donations along with the download.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Don't forget that ALL THE WORK THAT GOES INTO PRODUCING THIS VIDEO WAS VOLUNTARY.

At best/worst, Bethelites receive a slaves wage.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Don't forget that ALL THE WORK THAT GOES INTO PRODUCING THIS VIDEO WAS VOLUNTARY.

I wonder about that. I don't believe they have the skills to produce this video.

I think they farmed out production to a commercial firm

I could be wrong.. Anyone care to comment on the skills level at the WT if you know something

Didn't they have a "Made in Mexico" logo on the back of the jacket ?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No matter how much a comparable worldly DVD costs, it comes down to the value. They pulled that sxxx on me with my music, suggesting that I donate generously given that a worldly record costs around 7 toilet papers (in those days). They pull that with the littera-trash, comparing it to fine books that cost more than 100 toilet papers in those days.

However, if the rubbish they put out isn't worth the plastic or paper it's printed or encoded on, I see no reason why I should donate what they suggest. When you buy a DVD, you don't buy the piece of plastic. You buy an intellectual property. You are buying someone's work in composing and producing what's on that disc. Some are worth more, some less. Same with music. If you are looking at a masterpiece like Fleetwood Mac's Rumours, Michael Jackson's Thriller, or the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack, many people think of those albums as being worth a very high price. To pay the same price for those fine albums as for a regular album is a steal. Someone was a master in creating intellectual property and did a lot of work in doing so, and hence it's worth a very high price.

On the other hand, if someone throws a crap doctrine as a storyline and uses something that is probably off the shelf software to produce the actual video, you are looking at pxxx poor value. Ditto the Kingdumb maladies--there is no way a set of those pieces of rubbish is worth a copy of Michael Jackson's Thriller. Even if you get 4 discs with Kingdumb maladies and only one disc with Jackson, again I am not paying for the plastic. I am paying for the artistic value that went into the production. The Washtowel doesn't give that value, so no matter if it was 500 discs, it wouldn't be worth the electricity it takes to play them. This is why it's a fallacy to compare disc for disc with worldly videos or music.

• Room 215
    Room 215

DVD production is a lot cheaper than mass printings of bound books (which they seem to have abandoned) ; and since they're mostly targeted to a specific readership (JWs), sales of a certain number are calculable -- and virtually guaranteed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit