Elder's School 2012…any news?

by Londo111 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Londo111
    Londo111

I have heard rumblings that this has started up in some places. I know there are some awakened elders on here who often provide good intel. In light of all the juicy things that have happened in the last year, especially the Conti case, I think many of us here are pining to hear any bit of news, so it would be much appreciated!

Thank you for all your hard work!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Lets hope they tighten the noose so hard that elders resign en mass.

• sir82
    sir82

Not a word other than giving the time frame. They usually don't give any "previews" of the agenda - you just have to wait until you get there.

The timing of the announcement, and the school, is striking.

The school was announced right around the time of the Conti verdict, maybe a few weeks before. Also, they usually do these schools every 3 years, this one comes just 2 years after the last one.

Finally, in most past years, they've had 1 day for MS and 1.5 days for elders. This one is 1 day only, for elders only.

I expect at least part of it to be a severe tongue lashing, admonishing in the strongest possible language to follow the Society's procedures to the letter in all cases without variation. I suspect the WTS somehow blames the local elders in the Conti case for the lawsuit.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Does the elders' school take place around the same time all over the world for all elders?

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

December 24th and 25th and 26th for MS.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The theme scripture will likely be: "The beatings will continue until morale improves!"--Jaracz 3:16

• elderelite
    elderelite

Dont be confused. There is a school for elders being conducted that is a week long at various times through the year, there is also the seperate one day school being held.

I refused to attend the week long school in my area, i will attend the one day report back

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Billy, you are a genious! "The theme scripture will likely be: "The beatings will continue until morale improves!"--Jaracz 3:16

ROFLMAO!

• blondie
    blondie

I hear that because enough men are not reaching out to be MS, that the WTS is training baptized single women in good standing that have been baptized for 10 years, average 20 hours a month, miss no more than 1 meeting a year, and comment once at every meeting. It is a return to the procedures in the 1950's.

*** w51 9/1 p. 543 Questions From Readers ***We view a head-covering necessary under two conditions: (1) when a sister receives an appointment through the congregation or theocratic organization to keep order and conduct congregational meetings, and (2) when she is married and must show submission to the one God has made head of the family, the husband. These two principles enable one to decide for herself the requirement of varying situations.

*** w57 2/15 p. 123 par. 6 Overseers of the Ministry ***But what if there are not sufficient dedicated men in a congregation? Can women be appointed to services? Yes, qualified sisters are appointed in such cases and care for the duties outlined. If there are no male appointed overseers, sisters have the responsibility to preside over meetings. In recognition of the theocratic headship of man and realizing that she is temporarily or circumstantially serving in the congregation in place of a man who should fill that position, it is proper for the sister while so serving to wear a head covering. When a brother moves into the area or local men learn the truth, qualify and are appointed overseers, it is a time of happiness for such sisters. Gladly they give way to the brother in recognition of Jehovah’s theocratic arrangement.—Eph. 5:24-32, NW. (See “This Means Everlasting Life”, pages 154-163, for additional information on “Woman’s Privileges in the Congregation.”)

JUST KIDDING (but the references are true, I was in a congregation where there were no "qualified" brothers and a sister did the WT study, book study, and all the administrative paperwork)

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

In the mid sixties when I was a lad, we had a single pioneer sister conduct the bookstudy. The congregation servant did it to humiliate some of the brothers in the hall who "didn't reach out".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit