How many others, besides myself, that take AMBIEN? Done anything crazy while you were on it?

by PaintedToeNail 20 Replies latest jw friends

• SophieG
    SophieG

I can't take Ambien/Lunesta...does not do squat. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!

However I use Seroquel for sleep and literally this is what it does to me:

My Brain: ...**going... going... going..gotta.... pay the cable bill.....thinking about the Universe***do di do di dooo***...hmmm i want some popcorn.....***do di do di dooo***...

(BRAIN SHUTS OFF).................wake up the next morning!

The first time I took it...I woke up to use the restroom and could not make it back to the bed...woke up in the hallway on the floor outside the bedroom door. Serious stuff...

• Glander
    Glander

I know someone who has got up in the night and raided the refrigerator and didn't know it till the next day.

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits
    Another woman ended up drivig while asleep over to her fiance house, she yell until he came outside, where she proceeded to force him to havd anal sex with him, while they were in full of everyone. Once they were done, she hopped in her car and drove home. The next day, the fiance called to find out what the f-ck was going on. She could remember nothing. She was utterly humiliatedl

Completely believable story there. This is one of those quiet epidemics you don't hear much about. Reminds me of that episode of The Cosby Show where the same thing happened to Theo and the next day he was all, "By the way, Justine - what was that about?" [laugh track]

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Bahaha, come on. Those stories are funny but to me they're not believable. First story, I can see booking a trip but if she used her credit card most major ones will let let you cancel a transaction even if they say it's not refundable. And how can a women force a man into anal sex? Did she have a weapon pointed at him? LOL

Did you meet any Asians?

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Have prepared elaborate buffet dinners{left uneaten} ordered bizarre things on ebay{shouldnt get on the computer AT ALL!!!!!}while on Ambien.The sex thing,yes,embarrassingly so.The only time in my life that I willingly destroyed pills was that last months worth of Ambien.I had packed 3 or 4 suitcases and set them in the car and mu husband found me aslepp there in the am.That was the end of it.No idea where I thought I was going,but thank gawd that I didnt sleep drive...

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Nomad-I don't think the man minded having anal sex, she was in a mind altered state. Ambien is considered a hypnotic drug, so the user doesn't know what they are doing, but they can still do things. There are warnings all over the prescription bottle about doing all kinds of things in a sleeping state.

• Glander
    Glander

There was a case a few years ago of man who hacked his mother in law to death with a hatchet because he thought she was a raccoon. he had taken an Ambien. Poor devil!

• Bubblegum Apotheosis
    Bubblegum Apotheosis

Wild lucid dreamings, sleep walking, is that crazy enough for you?

• FreeGirl2006
    FreeGirl2006

I slept-drove, shopped and apparently bought stuff, had conversations that I never remembered, and get this--apparently was so hopped on all the prescription meds (Ambien being just one of them) at the time--took a vacation with the then hubby that I remember nothing about. I found some photos when we were going through the divorce and called him to find out if he wanted them because I thought they were his. Turns out they were from a vacation I have absolutely no memory of taking with him. I guess he could have lied about that, but I couldn't see the point.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

FreeGirl-Ironically, I just got one reading your story on JWFacts, then to come back here and find you posted was great! You probably should be glad that you don't remember anything from that vacation, he sounds like an idiot. I find that I cannot recall huge chunks of my life, but not because of Ambien...stress from being raised a JW, and all the guilt and OCD problems that went with it.

Thanks to all who have shared their experiences!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit