Jehovah's Witnesses tell me to shut up!.. (2012 Assembly)

by Snoozy 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Perfect, Outlaw!

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

Perfect, Outlaw!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I looked at some of those 2012 videos (there are more!) and frankly I was embarrassed by the "apostate" showing. They sound like lunatics! As you guys know by now, I desire dialogue. That CANNOT be accomplished by monologue, shoving it past their eardrums.

Hubby heard tidbits and murmured some warning about apostates.

As for suggesting it is tit for tat for showing up at people's doorstep unawares, I ask you - was it ever effective?

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

LOL! The guy's trying to sell the same product to the competition. Good luck with THAT!

It probably felt good for some of those JWs to blow someone off vs being blown off themselves.

It seems they have their shun guns set to it's lowest setting ('ignore', which is pretty much what I do whenever I walk past anyone who feels the need to rant their religious beliefs to others in public).

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

there's a lot of good looking sisters in those san diego videos :)

too bad they all seem to have someone holding their hands >:(

i too don't like their approach. they jst make themselves look a thosand times more cooky than the jehovah's witnesses.intheir minds they are god loving and fearing people who have the right to peacefully assemble for religious purposes and in their minds they are a legitimate religion. to have people disrupting their convention is nothing more than theocratic warfare and proves to them it's the end times.

shame. it just makes it a thousand times harder for everyone else trying to break family members out

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    ...these people have been snorting lines of cult all weekend.

Irondork, we have to make this part of ex-jw lingo!

• irondork
    irondork

JB: Irondork, we have to make this part of ex-jw lingo!

LOL Have at it.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Generally, the low-key approach usually works best if you picket an a$$embly. If you had a small group of apostates peacefully set up with an unassuming display with a key web site displayed on the desk and handing out small flyers without shouting, more people would be likely to visit. The flyer would have the web site, and they would likely place it in their LIE-ble and forget about it until they got home. Once they find it again, they are more likely to visit that web site, and that's when they would find out the real truth about the washtowel.

However, when you get a group of people shouting, it is what the witlesses do not want. Especially when it is messages like "Repent and be saved". Witlesses are programmed to shun religious messages outside their own, and I once passed such a display and thought it was some other fundamentalist Christians or independents trying to preach their own salvation message. I would never have known it was apostates except someone opened their big mouth and bashed them as such. Had they instead set up a small table with only a web site being prominent, and left simple flyers briefly detailing one aspect of the religion and then leading to that web site, they might have gotten a lot more. Especially if it was not something doctrinal but something structurally wrong with the religion. Perhaps the pedophile issue. Perhaps detailing how the religion is structured like the Cat Lick church, expounding on it on the web site. Perhaps the fruitages of the religion and leading to this forum. Or, perhaps revealing how "the one true Christian religion" is actually half Jewish--the Pharisaic rules betraying that. (And half Christian--half Christian is not "the only true Christian religion".

Either way, such structural problems will do more than that "Repent and get saved", "Come to Jesus", or "Jesus died on a CROSS!" message. Expose the structural problems, you destroy interest.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

I played these videos again this morning. My overwhelming reaction was how very moderate this guy was, and how appropriate the first hymn.

It's message is the power of God's grace. My own sticking point with the JW's finally came with the book "Keep yourself in God's love". I knew from the first page that the whole premise of that hook is diametrically opposed to the truth of God's love, which is overwhelming and unconditional. I knew that nothing we can do would make any difference to the love he has for us, and that's the message of Jesus dying. That's what the hymn "Amazing Grace" is all about. Tiny children know how huge that love is. Jehovah's Witnesses are taught how small, mean and self-serving it is, so mean-spirited that you can fall out of God's love or favour in an inadvertent heartbeat by having an untidy car or wearing the wrong clothes...or playing with a "magic" toy, watching Harry Potter or even, in the words of an elder here, Star Wars!

The guy in the film here made the point beautifully. I was really surprised that you found him embarrassing, jgnat. He was telling the JW's the simple truth. He'd chosen the one thing on which they are fundamentally wrong.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

At 4:10 a woman plays like she sooooo didn't see or hear him. lol

Funny how they ignore and then start laughing as they pass by.

They are masters at shunning and ridiculing all at the same time without saying a word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit