Theistic Evolution

by cofty 195 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bohm
    bohm

james: I dont think i can say it a lot clearer, could you perhaps point out which part of the post which is unclear?

• cofty
    cofty

BTS - Thanks for that.

It was a major revelation to me when I first understood how chemistry works at that level. Amino acids are like little oddly shaped magnets with physically fit together in certain ways. Enzymes have actual hollows and bumps that accomodate other molecules allowing them to fit together or break apart.

For this reason there are multiple ways of making amino acids and in turn protein molecules with the same properties.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Hey Cofty,

If you are ever up for a thought provoking, if brief, read:

http://www.amazon.com/Evolutis-Kindle-Single-Books-ebook/dp/B004KSREFC/ref=la_B001IR3PLA_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1344020297&sr=1-4

I have a physical copy, but I don't know when a physical copy will be available from Amazon.

• cofty
    cofty

Thanks BTS - I will keep a watch for it.

Our bodies harbor 100 times more microbial cells than human cells

Wow!

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

It's true.

And it is important, from an evolutionary perspective.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have to disagree with the following statement:

" ID is an intellectual parasite that contributes nothing to the advancement of knowledge."

If you were writing a book, and I was your editor, I would feel obligated to suggest that you change this sentence. For that statement to be accurate, you would need to prove beyond the shadow of a doubt that individual Scientists through history who believed in ID, have contributed nothing to the advancement of knowledge. How could that be true?

A Scientist who believes in ID may contribute to the advancement of knowledge just by studying a subject in depth and sharing that knowledge. For instance, a Scientist who explains how the sonar of a bat works, but cannot explain exactly how it came about is not guilty of zero contributions to science. If their faith in ID is what motivates them, what's wrong with that?

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit