The Question you have been waiting for.....!

by Terry 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

Somebody you think you know well enough to trust writes you a BIG check.
    The check bounces.
    They don't exactly apologize, but, give a plausible explanation.
    They THEN write you another check on a different account.
    Since you believe them very trustworthy you accept it graciously.

On the strength of their reputation and assurances you deposit the check in your OWN account.
    From there you proceed to pay for various necessities, mortgage payment, insurance and childcare expenses.
    The check bounces AGAIN!

Your checks, consquently, ALSO bounce!
    Penalty fees arise and your own situation becomes precarious. You're thrown into emergencies
    you thought to avoid.

But, once again, a plausible explanation is given and you are told you deposited the check TOO SOON. So, you are implicated in the fault! Reassurances, credentials, reputation are all paraded before you. Then--YET ANOTHER check is written on yet another account and presented to you!

I know you are way ahead of me! The check BOUNCES again!
    Why?
    Well, it turns out the person presenting the check to you is merely claiming Power of Attorney for the ACTUAL account holder (the wealthiest of all the wealthy!)
    An explanation is given, once again!
    The actual account holder allows the check presenter control of the checking account--but--corrects them when, due to human error, they screw up (out of no bad motives, of course.)
    Nobody is actually AT FAULT! A simple human error without any culpability is understandable.
    Besides, there have been plenty of OTHERs writing checks on this account who screwed up even WORSE!
    NOW...

Here comes the question you've been waiting for...

Since all the others with power of attorney make equal or worse human errors in their Power of Attorney offering checks from this one substantial account...
    WHAT IS THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION FOR YOU?

The actual Account Holder has never actually been seen.

Should you STOP ACCEPTING the Account Holder?
    Should you go to one of the other bad check writing sources?
    Or should you conclude they are ALL FORGING the signature in the first place?

The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, from the beginning, has offered a better deal than that of all the competitors.

It began by peddling Soul Sleep and resurrection to a Paradise with a perfect body vs Eternal Torment in Hell. Who would not respond emotionally to such a choice of potential fates? It offered a definite ending on certain dates rather than a fuzzy uncertainty. It kicked butt and took names on WHO exactly were the bad guys: Catholic Church, clergymen, politicians, etc.

In short, the WATCHTOWER crossed the line which religion never wants to cross out of fear of exposure...

What is the line?

IT GOT WAY TOO SPECIFIC IN THE REAL WORLD!

Christians dare never cross that line or the real world will prove them wrong every single time!

And that is exactly what happened to them.

PREDICTING ARMAGEDDON in 1925 caused J.F.Rutherford to admit he had "made an ass" of himself.

PREDICTING ARMAGEDDON in 1975 caused JW's all over the world to put their own reputation and personal integrity on the line publicly. And they made asses of themselves.

The Watchtower blamed THEM.

At first the numbers were fudged and readjusted.

It was accepted because it all seemed TOO GOOD not to be true. But, failure after failure of date setting can gnaw away at even the most robust fantasy ideal alternative.

IF IT WERE NOT FOR SOMETHING CONCRETE (WWI) being big enough to attach importance to that would save face for the faltering Charles Russell prediction racket the JW's of today would be has few and far between as the desultory International Bible Students who still peddle the Divine Plan of the Ages.

The Governing Body writes different checks today on a different bank account than it did in the past. It uses real money from the pockets of the faithful sheep who are squeezed in every Kingdom Hall to fuel their real estate empire. Not a bad segue into the real world for the boys in Brooklyn. It is an awful burden to the rank and file who must pay the bill in their shabby day to day jobs as janitors.

So, what is YOUR answer?

• Sheep2slaughter
    Sheep2slaughter

Terry,

You know the answer you will get on this forum.

We have all stopped accepting checks from this source. We attempt damage control to our reputation and credibility as much as possible.

• Terry
    Terry

1.Is there really a "rich benefactor" in the sky?

2.Are the religions writing I.O.U.'s with actual Power of Attorney?

3.Are religions forging the signature?

4.Is the most practical course simply to provide for your own needs and not jeopardize your future?

• Mall Cop
    Mall Cop

#4 Terry! After 33 years ( 1969-2002 ) of bounced checks and growing old in this system of things I refused to accept checks from the Watchtower Society ever again back in 2002 when I did the fade. Since then I have been providing for my own needs. I am now 67 years old and no checks are bouncing. Family is doing well.

Blueblades/ Mall Cop

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

My answer is 42.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

In my experience, in exchange for a couple years work and a couple hundred dollars in donations, WT gave me a check worth $2 million dated two years in the future. In two years, however, the check bounced. Not only did they give me an excuse that it wasn't their fault, they offered to give me another check worth $5 million dated another two years in the future if I'd agree to work harder at two years free labor and more donations than I gave before. They assured me that this time it would pay off. After that check bounced, they assured me that it wouldn't happen again because they were really close to receiving a huge dividend! So if I'd just work a little harder yet and tap into my credit card to provide more donations, this check is written for $20 million and dated "very near future..."

Then I found out they were selling their assets in an effort to pay off damaging lawsuits.

• Twitch
    Twitch

This seems to have no relevance to 42

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Terry,

This is great! I sure envy you mind. Thanks for keeping us thinking.

HappyDad

• talesin
    talesin

A great question for any JWs that are reading this board.

For me, it would be 'cash, please', after the first cheque bounced.

That was how I dealt with the religion. When I became an adult, and saw the true hypocrisy of the people around me, I immediately walked away.

tal

• Terry
    Terry

Who, in their right mind, keeps on trusting under these circumstances?

Only lazy-minded thinkers is all I can come up with.

That and persons who do not value veracity or honesty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit