Military Service

by turtleturtle 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

I thing I totally agree with (JW beliefs):

Christians should not be involved in the military.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev2dEqrN4i0

• turtleturtle
  • james_woods
    james_woods

Do you have any Scriptural support for this view?

BTW - you are aware that other religions have taken this position, besides the JWs?

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

@ james_woods:

1) Don't really need one. Its my opinion.

2) Yes, I am.

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

Can you give me a list of christian groups that reject military service? I would love to have one!

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

It was classic, I was listening to a Calvary Chapel radio station. The pastor was advertising a book by a Navy Seal regarding his time in Iraq. The pastor was PRAISING the fact he was a Navy Seal. Lol. Bought and paid for!!!

• turtleturtle
    turtleturtle

http://www.calvarymiramesa.org/chaplains-corner/christians_and_military_service

2. To serve in the Military is to be God’s minister (Rom 13:4 & 6).

• Bella15
    Bella15

Read the Just War theory to start, do a research of how the Hebrews interpreted this subject when they were asked by YHWH to engage in wars ... look into the meaning of the words in hebrew, arameic, greek.

"There is no greater love than one giving his life for his friends" ...this does not only apply to Jesus, this is a PRINCIPLE, through thousands of years we have seen people giving their life for others whether they are soldiers, firefighters, police, relatives, common people, etc. Moreover, GOD requires government to take care and defend the people.

Some people believe that being a PEACE MAKER among other things means to avoid military service ... JESUS said that even with your mind/thoughts you can kill someone and you are already a murdered.

Like you said, you don't need scriptural support for your view, likewise, millions of people around the world feel the same way and they don't belong to an organized group or religious organization.

May the Holy Spirit be the One that always answers your questions in your heart.

Romans 10:2

• blondie
  • james_woods
    james_woods

For what it is worth, TurtleTurtle - I do not condemn those who have made this decision according to THEIR OWN conscience.

What I object to is religions like the WTBTS which FORCE their people into such a position without any authority except their own opinions.

After all, the Bible itself is completely silent on the subject of avoiding military service - just as it is completely silent about the rightness or wrongness of slavery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit