OSCE (JW NGO) Who We Are - (Are They No Part Of The World?) You Decide..

by BroMac 8 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BroMac
    BroMac

http://www.osce.org/who

Who we are

With 56 States from Europe, Central Asia and North America, the OSCE is the world's largest regional security organization. It offers a forum for political negotiations and decision-making in the fields of early warning, conflict prevention, crisis management and post-conflict rehabilitation, and puts the political will of its participating States into practice through its unique network of field missions.

The OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects. It therefore addresses a wide range of security-related concerns, including arms control, confidence- and security-building measures, human rights, national minorities, democratization, policing strategies, counter-terrorism and economic and environmental activities.

All 56 participating States enjoy equal status, and decisions are taken by consensus on a politically, but not legally binding basis.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

The crazy thing is that those who strictly adhere to advice given in publications of the Society try not to even have an opinion about Politics. The publications show that even favoring one party over another, or one politician over another goes against neutrality. And then some get to be on friendly terms?

• BroMac
    BroMac

Proof of NGO Status: (scroll down to Non-Govermental Organizations)

http://www.osce.org/odihr/38006 No's 2, 42, 79

OSCE SUPPLEMENTARY

HUMAN DIMENSION MEETING

ON

FREEDOM OF RELIGION OR BELIEF

FI N A L LI ST OF PA R TI C IP A N TS

Vienna, 9 – 10 July 2009

• BroMac
    BroMac

from 2010 http://www.osce.org/home/72039 (no.2 on the list)

Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe

2010 OSCE REVIEW CONFERENCE

WARSAW PART

30 September – 8 October 2010

FINAL LIST OF NGOs

(no.2 on Alphabetical List of NGO's)

ADMINISTRATIVE CENTER OF JEHOVA'S WITNESSES IN

RUSSIA

RUSSIAN FEDERATION

Mr Sergey CHEREPANOV Deputy Chairman of the Presiding

Committee

6 Srednyaya Street

Solnechnoye

197739 St. Petersburg

Russian Federation

7 812 702 26 90 [email protected]

(page 9 of NGO list)

EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION OF JEHOVA'S CHRISTIAN

WITNESSES

UNITED KINGDOM

Mr Paul Stuart GILLIES Religious Freedom Subcommittee IBSA House

The Ridgeway

London NW7 1 RN

United Kingdom

44 20 8906 22 11 [email protected]

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

No, that's not politics, nah. . .

The description of the OSCE sounds like something out of the Revelation book.

• yalbmert99
    yalbmert99

According to Georges Fenech, president of french MIVILUDES, the OSCE and UN are infiltrated by cults.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

My recent jawdropper occurred when I was looking at the JW neutrality stance over on JWFacts.com, and saw that the JW's had filed legal briefs in the matter of "Jimmy Swaggert vs CA State Board of Equalization" over a tax matter re: sales tax collection of religious literature.

These legal briefs are called 'amicus curae', Latin meaning, "friends of the court" (which any law student knows). These briefs are filed VOLUNTARILY by parties who aren't named as a defendent in the matter, i.e. they had NO OBLIGATION to stick their noses into a matter of law, i.e. to defend themselves. Instead, Amicus briefs are filed so they can provide their advice on the case, offering the court their opinion to avoid a undesirable ruling that might effect them.

Can you imagine Jesus sitting on the steps of the Courthouse, writing his legal opinions on paper, just so he can send them to his "friends, the Judges" sitting inside the Roman court?

What part of "friendship with the World is emnity with God" does the JW Legal Dept and GB not understand?

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

There are several people that were rarely discussed, who are Jehovah's Witnesses and members of the United Nations. These were NOT worried about using a library card as an excuse. They displayed pride in announcing their Jehovah's Witness membership as well as their United Nations membership. .

Rlene Steffy is the founding president, and charter president of the Soroptimist International of the Marianas, and member. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- About Soroptmists international founders region . "Founder Region" is so named because the first Soroptimist club met and was chartered in Oakland, California in 1921 when the first club, Alameda County was formed. The Constitution of that first club stated the purpose of Soroptimist was "To foster the spirit of service..." That purpose and "spirit of service" drives every Soroptimist club, district, region, and federation to this day. . Since those beginnings, Soroptimist International (SI) - the world's largest classified volunteer service organization for women in business, management, and the professions - has grown to an international organization, with headquarters in the United Kingdom., and thousands of service clubs around the world. Soroptimists are found in one hundred and twenty-four (124) countries, with over 3,100 clubs & approximately 92,000 members. . Founder Region is a unit of Soroptimist International of the Americas (SIA), with territory which encompasses ten north coast counties in California, the State of Hawai'i, and the U.S. territories of Guam & the Marianas. . The clubs of Soroptimist International strive for human rights for all, equality, development and peace through international understanding and friendship. Because of their work, SI holds category 1 consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations International Non-Governmental Organization. . "It is the policy of Soroptimist International to be concerned with international and national issues that relate to its objects and programmes. On matters of political controversy between nations, or party politics and of sectarian religion, Soroptimist International maintains a position of strict neutrality." (From SI Constitution) SIA is one of four federations working in six adopted programs of service...
    • Economic & Social Development
    • Education
    • Environment
    • Health
    • Human Rights / Status of Women
    • International Goodwill & Understanding
    ...for community, for country, for region, and for the world. Soroptimists play a daily part in their community - thousands, if not millions of volunteer hours per year are devoted to programs ranging from local programs devoted to local needs, such as shelters and scholarships, to world-wide efforts to improve conditions for women and children. You may learn about the international and federation level programs on the Soroptimist International and Soroptimist International of the Americas web sites. Founder Region club web sites offer information on local programs. This web site gives an overview of the programs conducted on the Regional Level. In addition to other programs, the region's permanent identifying project is Founder Region Fellowship. This effort offers $20,000.00 in fellowships and grants to women enrolled in graduate schools within the boundaries of Founder Region who are in the last year of their doctoral studies.
    Mission Statement
    Founder Region Soroptimist International of the Americas, is dedicated, to improving the lives and advancing the status of women and girls through Fellowship, our identifying project of doctoral grants, programs of education, health, leadership and the promotion of equality . http://www.humboldteveningoftalent.com/about-us.html . .
    Rlene Steffy
    Courtesy of Manfayi Publication
    Who's Who In Chamorro History
    Most people would recognize Rlene Steffy through her voice – that is because of her distinctive high energy radio personality on radio station K57, where she hosts her talk show Rlene “Live” each morning from 10 to 12. She is a tough, gutsy, dynamic talk show host who would take on any issue with fervor. Then again, Rlene is just as energetic and lively in person. Perhaps, her mother, Frederica “Frede” Flores Santos best described her endless, high-energy drive.

She said, "Maybe she was born to be a talk show host. Her father understood her, but I had trouble following her thoughts because she spoke so fast." She went on, “Rlene was quick about everything, about thinking, as well as reasoning, about playing and especially about talking. I always told Rlene to slow down when she was talking to me and it would frustrate her. She would actually forget what she was going to say if she said it slowly. Her mind moves quicker than her lips.”

Frede went on, "Rlene went from crawling to running and never tires out. She is so quick that she often stumbled and cut her lips. But after a little cry from pain, she'd be off running again. It happened so often that my husband actually thought I was not watching her, seriously. One day, she ran right out the back door of my mother-in-laws house in Chalan Pago and fell down about eight or nine steps and cracked her head over her left eye. My husband was watching her at the time; he, finally, realized what I had been telling him all along. Rlene requires undivided attention. You can't be doing something else with her around. She's too quick.

Frede went on, “I am proud of my daughter and I wish her father were alive to listen to her radio talk show. Many people would comment to me about how smart she is and how they love the way she tells it like it is. I, of course, responded, 'If you don't want to know the truth, don't ask Rlene what she thinks because she'll tell you straight.' Rlene has always been able to confront things quickly, no matter how much they may hurt or how tough the issue is. And, the one character my daughter has always had, even as a child, is she fears no one. She has always been a confident child. She knows what she wants and, if she wants it bad enough, she'll get it. She doesn't understand the word NO.” Rlene does a lot of her work at home according to Frede, “She is always doing something, usually many things at one time, but she is always focused. As well, she thrives in the studio, where she responds to a variety of tasks simultaneously.”

Unquestionably, Rlene is a dynamic person who uses her gifts to raise social consciousness, wherever she happens to be working or in situations that will enable her to take the issues to the highest level; these issues range from literacy, education, women empowerment, ethnic diversity to Chamorro language and culture. In her discussions of issues, Rlene never waits for an opportunity to strike, she creates them; she does not straddle the fence, she breaks them down.

She is a free spirited individual whose principles are rooted in bible truths. She often would make it clear that she fears Jehovah, not man, and that although she loves man, she will not be a slave to him. Rlene is devoted to her children, but remembers that her husband comes first; she believes in family and friends, and honors them with unconditional love and generosity in spirit. But her most admirable temperament is her ability to discuss matters or issues, and agree to disagree, and then walk away from the discussion without holding a grudge. She just enjoys stimulating conversations – the uniqueness of the quality that made the Rlene "Live” talk show worth listening to.

Rlene said, “I am not out to convert listeners. Instead, I want them to listen to what is being said and to think critically about the topics and who is saying them, so they can ask the proper question, rather than ingesting everything with no questions whatsoever.”

Rlene makes it clear that her family comes before her professional career; she emphasizes this whenever opportunities conflict with her family obligations. For example, when considering the best time to place Rlene"Live," she told Anderson and Linton that she didn't care what time the show would air, as long as it didn’t interfere with her daily lunch with her husband Bob. Something she has always insisted with her children and granddaughter Madison, are suppers in the evening and Sunday morning breakfast – something they have done together since 1983.

Rlene also believes in strong parenting and says that between her and husband Bob, the kids get the best of two worlds. Rlene describes herself as the tough love, and Bob as the soft love. She says that her husband has taught her to be more patient and compassionate. In line, she has helped him to confront issues quicker, as well as deal with emotional issues face-to-face.

Rlene plays golf and racquetball and rides her mountain bike, while Bob prefers to play softball – he is an avid fisherman, as well. Because they are equally competitive, they decided that in order to keep peace in their marriage, they must do their sports separately – the only thing they do individually. Nevertheless, from 1992 to 1994, Rlene played co-ed softball, when Bob put her on his team as the centerfielder. "Don't underestimate her,” Bob told his team members, “She's tough and does not scare easily.” Rlene was selected to play centerfielder for the Guam's Women Fast Pitch team that traveled to the World Tournament in Taipei in 1982. Rlene holds the Guam record for the highest batting average (.323) at the World Tournament. She plays hard and prefers male competitors. On the golf course, she out drives many of them – and if she sets her mind on it – she can beat them, too. She's playful, but won't give you anything. You have to earn your way with Rlene.

Reflecting on marriage and family, Rlene credits the foundation of her strong beliefs to her parents. She states, "My parents were great role models. They were always together. They communicated well and though they disagreed, they always agreed on how they were going to settle matters. Their example helped me to understand how important discussion and expression are between two people and how vital communication is in a relationship. They also taught me that touching is important in cultivating a bond between people. My parents always hugged us, kissed us, and our uncles and aunts were always equally affectionate with us kids. We were shown love and taught how to love."

Rlene explains her marriage life with Bob, “I give credit to the success of my marriage to Bob, to Jehovah God. Jehovah taught me the value of respecting the headship arrangement. And my mother's attitude as a wife reinforced that teaching. Bob makes it easy for me to yield to him – as head – because he respects me as an individual, reminding me, frequently, that I matter and that I am his equal. He's the feminist, not me. He supports my need to experience different things and encourages me to share my opinions on all matters related to our investments and family. He has the final word, but he always takes my thoughts and feelings into consideration. He provides all my wants. He's a better wife than I could ever hope to be, but he's a wonderful husband, too. I deserve Bob because I don't have to fight to be free, and that is something I need to be happy. He told me, a long time ago, that he keeps the birdcage door open, I chose to come back. He's my life. But that's because he chose me.”

Bob Steffy is a Certified Public Accountant who came to Guam, in 1974, to establish the tax department at the accounting firm of Peat-Marwick-Mitchell. He remained the tax partner of the firm until 1985, when he left Peat-Warwick to establish his practice on Guam. Rlene and Bob have five children: Robert Joseph Jr., Tara Nadene, William John, Maile Ana, and Spencer Arthur.

With her live wire energy and success driven nature, Rlene has accomplished much in the community.
    • Rlene"Live" was expanded to a two-hour daily show from 10 to 12 noon in October 2001.
    • In December of 2000, Rlene accepted the position of managing editor of the Guam Variety. As managing editor, Rlene immediately established the editorial section of the newspaper by building the editorial team writers. As part of her responsibilities, Rlene wrote the newspaper's opinion on a daily basis, until she resigned on September 15, 2001.
    • In November of 1999, Rlene started writing opinion columns in the Guam Variety Newspaper for a year.
    • In January of 1999, Rlene did something that would expand her involvement with the community – she designed and started to publish her own Website, RleneLive.com, to promote her work on the radio by publishing photos of in studio guests, and news events she covered on the radio. As well, Rlene discussed opinions in business and political activities in the community – and covered news events for the Internet, too. Actually, the website idea started when both the editorial editor and managing editor of the Pacific Sunday News would not allow Rlene to host her radio talk show and write her column simultaneously; the editors were concerned that the show would directly compete with the newspaper's advertising clients. Making a business decision, she decided to discontinue writing the column in the newspaper and established an Internet Column, broadening her readership base.
    • Anderson and the station's management moved Rlene"Live" to the last hour of morning drive, from 9 to 10, in 1999.
    • At the end of 1998, Anderson and Linton requested that Rlene"Live" move to the 2 to 3 p.m. afternoon slot to serve as a lead-in to the Myk Powell Show, hoping to encourage local listeners by leading into Powell's show and replacing Rush Limbaugh. Rlene"Live" remained in the afternoon slot until management decided to make another line-up change, when Myk Powell announced that he was relocating to California.
    • On November 18, 1997, while still a columnist for Pacific Sunday News, Rlene became the host of her very own talk show on K57 Radio, Rlene “Live”, a title that matches her lively, loquacious and energetic personality. As her mother has said, “she loves to talk. The Rlene "Live" format was guest intensive.” She, at last, has found her niche.
    • Rlene"Live" started out as a one hour, once a week show, but listeners responded so quickly to Rlene's straight-forward, no nonsense approach to communicate her opinions that the station's president, John Anderson, expanded the show to an additional hour the very next day. At the end of the first week, Anderson decided to air Rlene"Live" every Monday from 11 to 12 noon, and Tuesday from 10 to 12. She was on the air only six months with a three-hour weekly show when general manager Al Linton suggested that Rlene"Live" should air everyday.
    • Rlene was co-founder of Images Advertising Agency; she was president from 1983 to 1985.
    • After five years, Rlene, along with friend and co-founder Barbara Borja Leon Guerrero, sold the image company to the Fifth Wheel Inc., a business that continues to serve the community.
    • Again, with co-owner Barbara, Rlene opened Monday's Child Boutique, from 1985 to 1986, in the Ada Commercial Center in Hagåtña.
    • In November of 1994 Rlene turned to journalism and started writing opinion columns in the Pacific Sunday News until 1998.
    • She is the founding president, and charter president of the Soroptimist International of the Marianas, and member. This organization encourages younger middle management women in the government and private sector to come together, network and promote the advancement of women. The charter membership, with 30 members strong, captured the Growth & Development Award for the first time in the Pacific Region.
    • She is a member of the Chamber of Commerce.
    • For three years, Rlene was the spokesman for the American Cancer Society.
    • Rlene has appeared before major organizations in the community, including the University of Guam, and Guam Community College, as guest speaker on a variety of subjects – tourism, marketing, business, women’s issues parenting, culture and language. As well, she has delivered speeches to civic organizations and at major school events. She was once a commencement speaker for the Guam Community College Adult Education.
    Rlene graduated from George Washington Senior High School. She attended the University of Guam from 1975 through 1978, often intermingled with a full-time job. Nevertheless, she continuously pursued job-related courses and seminars in marketing and mass communication; she attended the Radio Advertising Bureau seminars in 1979, at Fort Worth, Texas, and Wharton College at the University of Pennsylvania, in 1980. Since then, she has held positions in public relations management, mass media and advertising.

From 1975 to 1978, Rlene was a probation officer in the Superior Court of Guam. Rlene served as a counselor at Juvenile Hall; she performed investigative and case management duties for juvenile offenders. Although she left the human services field to work in the media, many of the issues Rlene has championed were social issues that affect children and families.

Rlene was a guest-host for the Jeff Evans talk show on television for a week, in 1996, when Jeff was off-island attending a Talk Show Host Conference. She also has served as sales director for KGUM from 1980 to 1983, when she left KUAM to join the original crew of Jon Anderson, Jerry Roberts and Dave Echart at the newly established radio station called K57.

From 1989 to 1993, Rlene was the public relations manager for the LeoPalace Resort. She remained in that position as a full time employee until the company opened the Resort's 27 - hole Golf Park, and the Hotel LeoPalace in Tumon. She served in the capacity of consultant for LeoPalace, since resigning her position as PR manager. While at LeoPalace, Rlene was appointed as Chairman for the ASIAN Professional Golf Association tour Committee for the three years that the tour played the championship here on Guam. Golf professionals from countries in Oceania played in the tournament.

Rlene Steffy, indeed, is a model for women who have had to battle the “glass ceiling” – the contrived obstacle that has hampered women from assuming leadership positions at the highest level in the public and private sectors. Hopefully, Rlene’s live wire and aggressive approach would serve to motivate them to become advocates of issues affecting families, children and women regardless of their status in the community.

2001 By Tambra Teodosio Rlene Steffy From November 18, 1997 to June 28, 2002, "Rlene Live" was hosted by 'Rlene Santos Steffy, a Chamorro - American woman with a very strong positive self-concept, who presented an upbeat talk program spinning Guam's hottest topics on a course all her own. A devout Jehovah's Witness, she is fastidious in her resolve to uphold the dignity of women and her reputation for not straddling the fence on any issue has distinguished her a one of Guam's most sought after public speakers.

Rlene Steffy is a frequently booked speaker on Guam's women's and men's organization meeting circuit and has delivered the keynote address for many island events, including Guam Community College's Secondary Graduation. She also fulfills a standing invitation to lecture before communications classes at the University of Guam.

Rlene is a multifaceted woman whose personal and professional experience corresponds with the diversity of topics she addressed on 'Rlene Live.' She encourages listeners to join her continuing quest for more information, more wisdom, and more life.

Broaching a broad array of topics, 'Rlene Live' presented an in-depth examination of moral dilemma, the science of government, current events and personal conviction. Always probing and penetrating through barriers that shielded her guests and callers from sometimes painful realities and possibly - even themselves.

'Rlene Live' is focused on paying attention to challenges facing the people of Guam and Micronesia and dedicated the Tuesday edition of her show to 'Personal Interviews' with individuals in this region. She has a vast network of contacts and an established power base within Guam, Micronesia, Hawaii, California, the East Coast of the United States, Australia, and Asia providing her accesses to people and facts that many news journalists may envy.

Rlene Steffy also wrote a weekly column for the Pacific Sunday News from November 1994 until December 1998 and a column in the Guam Variety News and Views from November 1999- December 2001. Her columns developed a secure following of loyal readers as her radio program developed a following of proportionately loyal listeners.

Rlene Steffy is an inspirational and motivational public speaker who has been nicknamed, the E. F. Hutton of Guam. Rlene no longer hosts her daily show, but has agreed to sit in for Jon Anderson's Breakfast Show when Anderson is off-island.
    . http://www.rlenelive.com/about_rlene/rlene.htm . . Nevada
  • Atlantis
    Atlantis

Alain Garay . . 15 MILS, Rapport (January 2000), p. 24-25. Although the religions of the

experts ought not be relevant, it may be noted that Dr. Massimo

Introvigne is a Catholic, Canon Michael Bourdeaux is an Anglican, and

Master Alain Garay is a member of the Jehovah's Witnesses. M. Craray is a

distinguished French lawyer who has won several religious discrimination

cases before the European Court of Human Rights. http://www.antisectes.net/us-committee2000-1.htm . . Alain GARAY
    Avocat à la Cour d'appel de Paris

Expert auprès de l'Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights
    de l'Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe-OSCE (Varsovie)

Expert auprès de l'Organisation pour la Sécurité et la Coopération en
    Europe (Panel sur la liberté de religion - Varsovie, Pologne) . .

• 1982 : Diplôme de l'Institut d'Études Politiques de Bordeaux
    • 1986 : Diplôme de l'École Nationale des Impôts
    • 2006 : Master recherche Droit et Mutations Sociales (Université Aix-Marseille III)

http://www.garay-avocat.com/bibliographie/bibliographie.htm . . More here: http://www.randytv.com/secret/unitednations.htm . . Nevada

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit