archive of letters to body of elders

by metaspy 12 Replies latest jw friends

• metaspy
    metaspy

Is there a documentation of every letter to all body of elders in the United States?

If so, where could I find it?

I am looking for one dated March 14, 1997, to all bodies of elders.

• rip van winkle
  • Black Sheep
  • Azazel
  • Wilfried
    Wilfried

@Azazel :

Two roots for this folder :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g4qgsafqwghaqxb/lJecm0GJkx/Jehovah%27s%20Witnesses%20%26%20Pedophilia

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g4qgsafqwghaqxb/CSBojyBhOC/Letters%20to%20Bodies%20Of%20Elders

These folders are not static, they are regularly updated. I know the one who upload the fiiles (Adam Alesander on Facebook)

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

marked

• Emery
    Emery

I love seeing these letters exposed on the net. Anybody can be an Elder now haha.

• Sauerkraut
    Sauerkraut

Wow, the 2012 letter regarding higher education surprised me. So someone might loose certain privileges if he or a family member pursue higher education? Funny how we're told things are a matter of conscience and then they seemingly are not. Isn't higher education a good thing? You'll be able to donate more to the Society if you get a better paying job. And what's it with privileges in the first place? So many seem to think they're badge to pin to your lapel...

Edit: it's interesting to read about judicial committees in cases of attempted or threatened suicides. "... In such cases it may be best for the committee to suspend the hearing and focus on helping the person to regain his balance. In any event, the elders should treat the person with extreme thoughtfulness and kindness..." Thoughtfulness and kindness is great, but why would you potentially want to disfellowship someone who's obviously not doing well in the first place?

Another subject: NONNEUTRAL ACTIVITY

28. When reporting to the branch office that an individual has disassociated himself by en- gaging in nonneutral activity, the wording on the report should be in harmony with Scriptural guide- lines. Please use such expressions as “violated neutrality” or “took a nonneutral course.” Isaiah 2:4 and John 15:17-19 support these descriptions. Other expressions should not be used. The same caution is to be exercised in all correspondence with the branch office or with other congregations.—Each elder should make the following notation next to the last bullet in paragraph 3 of chapter 9 in the Shep- herding textbook: “See letter dated April 9, 2012, regarding procedures when legal issues are in- volved.”" (From the 2012-04-09 letter.) We need a Body that governs the Governing Body, so we can report that they have dissasociated themselves.

Picard and Riker doublefacepalm

• life is to short
  • blindnomore
    blindnomore

Sauer, the info on Judicail Committee Meeting on suicidal issue is there for good reason, protecting themsleves, not their followers, from being liable for the damage.

Guess what happened to one of my family? She took her life the very same night she was dealt by JC.

These people are a evil slave with full of blood in their hands.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit