Jehovah protects Jehovah's Witnesses !!! Have you heard this?

by Balaamsass 26 Replies latest social current

• mP
    mP

james:

software architects are programmers who cant code! :)

• still thinking
    still thinking

If you are feeling hopeless truman...even more reason to share how you feel. It has been such a short time since you lost your beautiful son. You would be the most incredible woman on earth if you felt 'back to normal'. Is that even possible? What is your new normal now?

In a sense, you have become another person, your loss is so great it requires a new way to be. Your old way is no longer viable...there is a piece of you missing. That is the wound that needs to heal...and it leaves a scar. A reminder that what once was is no longer. You can heal this wound...but things will not be the same...the scar is not superficial.

My hope for you is that the bitter sweet pain of remembering becomes less overwhelming over time... and you are kind to yourself and share your pain when you need to....You will get through this, it's ok to be angry, and it's normal to feel hopelessness.

Do you have any grief support groups in your area? It is amazing how much the understanding of someone who has been through a similar experience can help. It might also give you some hope when you see others working their way through this new territory.

You are such a caring person...let us care for you if you need us to...even if its just a cyber hug...(((((((((((truman))))))))))

((((((((((((3rdgen)))))))))))))

• lilbluekitty
    lilbluekitty

If Jehovah only saves JWs, then why does he keep saving me? I'm a Christian now! LOL.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Truman, even though the words seem hollow to write (knowing they cannot provide any real relief), add me to those who sympathize for the grief experienced from the loss. Your words below reminded me of something:

No, Jehovah failed to do what he as god might have done so easily, leaving the only mercy to come from human agencies like funeral directors who show their compassion freely to our stricken family.

Another example is when Jehovah failed to place a cherub and flaming sword to guard the imfamous "tree of knowledge of good and evil", preventing Eve from eating it (if it was THAT important for them, and all of humanity, not to eat). It's only AFTER they ate that YHWH saw fit to place the cherub and flaming sword to guard the Tree of Life: why didn't he do that BEFORE?

@@@

In one sense, kicking the stilts of people's belief systems out from underneath them by pointing out the flawed logic in their cherished stories can be harful; but on the other hand, it's also morally reprehensible to allow them to wallow in the self-delusions that others will only exploit, to their own advantage.

In my book, reality and "true" truths ALWAYS will out in that debate, as those are the only ones we CAN exercise and rely on as a barometer: the others are just illusions, faux protective mechanisms that only work until they don't.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Still Thinking, Thank you! truman, you have a PM.

• Gros Michel no more
    Gros Michel no more

Why would Jehovah prevent his children from being glorified with Christ? The early Christians were not afraid of their imminent martyrdom, claiming Jesus would protect us from Satan's world or "Time and Unforeseen events" is "going beyond what is written."

Jesus said every one of our days was uncertain "So Jesus said to them, "My time is not yet here, but your time is always opportune." (John 7:6)

• truman
    truman

Still thinking, I know there is much wisdom in what you say, and perhaps eventually, I will be able to approach some of these things. It is so true, that I must find a new way of being, but I often have doubts about whether there is one for me that I can feel anything but sadness in. I have not found any local support groups as yet, but I am working with a counselor. That helps, I guess. As is often the case, such a profound loss brings up a lot of other unresolved issues in a person's life, and so we must deal with a whole entanglement of difficult emotional terrain. I don't really know what to expect from myself, so I try to take each day as I can make it through. Some are better than others, but Glendon is dead in all of them. I am not sure if it is fair to others to expose them to the rawness of my emotional state, but neither can I put on the good soldier's face and keep a stiff upper lip. Anyway, in spite of my depressive writing above, I very much appreciate your kind and caring words and good energy. I am trying to keep going.

3rdgen, I have sent a reply. Thank you.

Yes, King Solomon, that is a glaring case of negligence, if there ever was one. Any parent knows that the inexperience of children calls for extra watchfulness and caution in the face of dangerous temptations. To deliberately create one, leave it unguarded, and then exact severe and permanent punishment when human intellectual curiosity does what comes naturally is tantamount to child abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit