Faithful and Discrete Slave Apostate Stew – BQA, Watchtower May 2015 (Part I)

by Nicola.threeangelsmessage 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nicola.threeangelsmessage
    Nicola.threeangelsmessage

I was curious to know what stew was brewing in the Faithful and Discrete Slave’s apostate kitchen. Where better to find out than the Watchtower scullery. I opened the Watchtower, May 2015 pot, and was immediately hit with the stench of deception and false-doctrine which almost completely knocked me out. Instead of dropping the lid and fleeing the scene, curiosity got the better of me. I assumed the please-don’t-splash-on-me position; firmly clasped my nostrils; and stirred the frothy, green, slimy broth with a long, non-corrosive utensil. The broth was thick and slimy - one quick stir was enough to identify the potent ingredients slowly simmering away; waiting for its unsuspecting, loyal and faithful JW victim to come and swallow it down in one big gulp and returned for seconds. As the toxicity levels were extremely high, I could not stay long enough to examine all of the contents. However, at a quick glance, I was able to definitely identify; pieces of awful foul; largely cubed apostasy; freshly ground deception; finely diced malevolence, seasoned with stealth and biblical pervertedness, with a combination of other unidentified floating objects (UFOs) - a lethal concoction indeed, which was undoubtedly responsible for the that awful stench.

Folks, jokes aside, this is really serious as it impacts our JW loved ones’ salvation. To my atheist friends on this forum, this article discusses faith and Godly things so it may not be of interest to you. However, you could use it to show your loved ones who are still stuck in this cult that their faith is not bionically sound. The object of this article is to spread awareness about the false doctrine being promoted by the Watchtower Bible & Tracy Society (WBTS) publications; where they grossly misquote Scripture, make unbiblical statements, and manipulate the reader into believing the lie.

Following a statement published under the Bible Questions Answered section, Watchtower May 2015 i.e.,

“Many people have died without knowing God. During Judgment Day, Jesus will bring such people back to life so that they might know and love the true God (Acts 24:15).”

(Watchtower Magazine, May 2015, Bible Questions Answered)

This statement contains three unbiblical misconceptions of which the Bible itself will point out as being just that – i.e., plain and simple WBTS unscriptural doctrine!

Part I of this article focuses on the misquoted Scripture i.e., Acts 24:15 – the one and only Scripture used continuously by the WBTS to promote its resurrection of the unrighteous who did not know God theory.

The biblical witness statement rule i.e., “a matter must be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses” (Deut 19:15) applies to the Bible too. Those of you who have studied the Bible will have noticed that a text mentioned in one part of the Bible is supported by other text in other parts of the Bible. The Bible is its own dictionary, and interprets itself by itself. The “witness statement rule” is significant for two reasons:

I. The WBTS and/or Congregation Elders cannot, without taking a verse out of context, point to any other Scripture(s) outside of the already misquoted Acts 24:15 to support the “resurrection of the unrighteous” theory. This teaching is simply NOT sustained in Scripture.

II. All the biblical statements made in this article have been supported by two or three, and in some cases more Scriptures, solidifying biblical soundness.

I reiterate, Acts 24:15 most definitely DOES NOT support the teaching of a resurrection of the unrighteous who did not know God, and here are the reasons why:

Paul’s motive behind Acts 24:15

The Apostle Paul was a Pharisee (Acts 23:6; 26:8). Acts 24 gives the account of Paul presenting his case before Felix the Governor of Caesarea following his accusation by the Jews for allegedly causing dissension in the Temple and for being part of the Nazarenes movement or the Way (as the Christians were called back then).

Notice Acts 23:6-8, while standing before the council of the Sanhedrin, he perceived that part of the assembly was made up of the Sadducees who, unlike the Pharisees, did not believe in the resurrection (Acts 23:8). Notice Acts 23:6, Paul, knowing their divided opinion on the resurrection, discloses the fact that he is a Pharisee which caused dissension between the Pharisees and Sadducees (Acts 23:7-10). Therefore, when Paul said in Acts 24:15 (the misquoted text), that “there will be a resurrection of the dead, both the just and the unjust,” he most certainly did not mean a resurrection of “people who died without knowing God” as the Watchtower magazine article claims.

Resurrection of the righteous

Paul meant the resurrection of those who had fallen asleep in Christ (1Thes 4:14-17; John 6:40,44; Phil 3:20-21; Heb 11:15-16). A resurrection that will occur at Jesus’ second advent where the dead in Christ rise first and His faithful followers will be caught up together with them in the sky to meet the Lord and will be with Him forever. (1Thes 4:14-17; Matt 24:13,30-31; John 6:40,44; 1Cor 15:20,23; Rev 21:7,22:14).

Resurrection of the unrighteous

The Bible says everything will be burned up by the glory of God when Jesus comes (Rev 22:12; 2Pet 3:10-13; Psa 50:3; Mal 4:1; Matt 24:29-31; Matt 25:31-34,41,46) and that includes all the wicked and ungodly who do not have their fire suits on i.e., the righteousness of Christ (Rev 16:15; Phil 3:20-21; Isa 33:14-15; 1Cor 15:51-54; 1John 3:2-3).

Then after 1000 years (Rev 20:5) there will be a resurrection of the unrighteous into judgement (Rev 20:11-15) which is the second death (Rev 21:8).

What happens to the dead who did not know God

2 Thessalonians 1:8-10 (NKJV) reads, “in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.” Also see Psa 1:5; Heb 9:27; Matt 7:21-23; 25:41,46; Rev 20:11-15; 21:8; 1John 5:11-12. Contrary to what the Watchtower article claims about the resurrection of those who did not know God, the Bible clearly states otherwise.

The biblical evidence and Paul’s motives behind making the statement he did in Acts 24:15 clearly demonstrate that the WBTS has once again gone and perverted Scripture to promote its false doctrine.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Oh for crying out loud. Honeymoon's over . . .
  • adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge

The biblical evidence and Paul’s motives behind making the statement he did in Acts 24:15 clearly demonstrate that the WBTS has once again gone and perverted Scripture to promote its false doctrine.

So, your God murders men, women, and children, that through no choice of their own, never had a chance to know him? In fact they get to burn for all eternity.

I prefer JW's God to your version. At least they leave the potential for billions of people to be resurrected. You kill off 99.9% of all humans that lived.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

If all the good go to heaven, and all the unrighteous/wicked are obliterated -

Who are those living on the earth forever at Psalms 37:29 & Revelation 21:3,4?

Who are the meek who inherit the earth? (Matthew 5:5)

Is the heavenly "calling" only temporary?

Hi The Searcher,

Thank you for your question.

God will create a new heaven and a new earth after the 1000 year judgement period is over. Satan will be bound during the 1000 years (Rev 20:2) and then will be released after the 1000 years (Rev 20:7) and will deceives the nations once more to gather them together to do battle against the saints who dwell in the Holy City - the new Jerusalem. (Rev 20:8-9), and God will rain down fire to destroy them, including Satan, the Beast, and the False Prophet who deceived them (Rev 20:9-10). Notice, the second judgement takes place Rev 20:11-15. Jesus sits on the throne of judgement (John 5:22-23,27; Acts 17:31; 2Cor 5:10) to judge those whose records/books (sins) have NOT been washed clean by the blood of the Lamb and their names have NOT been written in the Lambs book of Life. (Rev 20:12,15; 21:27). They are judged according to their works and then cast into the lake of fire (Rev 20:15; 21:8), which is the second death according to verse 8 of Rev 21. The ones who believed and had faith in Jesus will NOT be judged because Jesus washed their sins away with His precious blood (John 3:18; Rev 3:5, 7:14, 22:14; Rom 8:1; Luke 10:20) and they will stand confidently in the presence of God as though they had never sinned. (Hebrews 4:16; 10:19; Rom 3:23-24). It is Only after the second judgement is performed (Rev 20:11-15) shall God create a new heaven and a new earth for His children who will live forever in peace and harmony (Rev 21:1,4; 7:17; Isa 65:17; 66:22; 1John 2:17; Dan 7:13-14).

• never a jw
    never a jw

Simplify: The entire Bible can not be trusted. It contains too many contradictions, unsupported doctrines and narratives, even bad practical advice. Why bother to defend or attack Bible interpretation using an unreliable book?

• The Searcher
    The Searcher
    So, do any people from the earth remain in heaven, and if so, why?
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou
    God will create a new heaven and a new earth after the 1000 year judgement period is over.

Nicola, for the sake of the argument let's accept that you're interpretation of Scripture is correct. Even given that, can you not see that you have all your explaining yet to do?

Your statement above cites a claim made in the Bible. You cannot then reference the Bible as proof.

Try again.

• Alive!
    Alive!

Here's a question.

Jesus talks about different grades of judgement....and judgment is for those who have not put faith in Christ ... And they get judged according to their deeds.

So, if eternal destruction is the only outcome for ALL who are the resurrected unrighteous, which is a one size fits all judgement- why does Jesus speak of "heavier judgements" for some of the resurrected unrighteous.

Just throwing a question out there.....

Hi The Searcher,

The Bible makes no mention of any humans remaining in heaven after God has created the new heaven and new earth. But I do not expect that there will be any humans remaining in the new heaven as there would be no need for them to be there. After God has created the new heaven and the new earth, that means he has finally dealt with the sin issue and has restored his creation back to the way it was in the beginning before the great rebellion and the fall of man. That is why God says in Isaiah 65:17 "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; And the former shall not be remembered or come to mind"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit