Im told that the speaker at the convention (Perth, Scotland), advised witnesses to stock up a months food. Anyone confirm?

by jambon1 12 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
  • cofty
    cofty

My mum and dad were at Perth but there is no chance I can ask them that.

I guess she will be at Asda for a big shop this week, "getting the rations in" as my dad says.

• besty
    besty

which speaker?

• talesin
    talesin

jambon, I have a great curiosity about people's screen names.

Are you a ham? ie, like to 'ham it up'? What is the origin of your screen name - if you don't mind a quick off-topic question!

thanks

:))

I will ask my parents if there was anything said about it at their DC (they just attended a couple of weeks ago) when I talk to them on Friday.

tal

PS, if your posts are not showing up, and you are using IE9, there is a compatibility button you need to use, or you can switch to Google Chrome or Firefox - both of those browsers work on the forum.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Idont know thge speakers name.

• transhuman68
  • slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have family who were at Perth. I didn't go at all this year. But I've heard other Witnesses make similar comments in recent years. I think the Circuit Overseer was going round saying the same thing.

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

Another apocalyptic Watchtower calamity posture.

I stocked up on a months food including pet food for our animals,toilet paper (and fuel for the cooking stove and emergency generator) and I didn't go to the convention.

It's just common sense that is promoted encouraged by local and federal govts,they run television adds all the time.

We can get hurricanes and ice storms.

• cedars
    cedars

I heard there's been a thing in the north of England recently about "grab bags". All personal posessions etc to be sealed in a watertight bag so that it can easily be, er, "grabbed" in the event of needing to evacuate one's property in a hurry. Apparently this is in response to the recent spate of floodings in the UK. I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with it?

Cedars

• Splash
    Splash

That, Cedars, was the advice in a recent letter to all Elders via jw.org. It referenced the Awake! of Sept 2007, page 7. Splash.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit