Can You See How Idiotic The JW Religion Now Is?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I was telling my gf about my mom's removal as a Regular Pioneer when she was about 80 years old because she went to my daughter's wedding (and she married a non-JW).

My girlfriend couldn't grasp the severity of my mother's sin and as I explained the Witnesses' position, it all sounded so absurd!

Have you experienced anything similar?

• james_woods
    james_woods

They probably thought your mother was getting too old to sell many magazines anyway.

• minimus
    minimus

haha

• trebor
    trebor

Shunning...Anyone on the outside of the Watchtower Society is just appalled by it; especially of parents shunning their children.

"The majority of animals don't even shun their offspring...how could another human being do that to their own child".

That's just one of the many similar type comments I receive on the matter.

I just shake my head now at how I was "okay" with this arrangement and saw it implemented within several families. Mothers and fathers completely shunning their children and actually go around telling others how they have to follow the organization and do as instructed.

Again, can't believe on any humane level I was okay with this at any time. It's just sick.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Nah, that's just the way they put old publishers out to pasture: crush their spirit.

What: were they expecting a gold watch or a 401k package? :)

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

"I just shake my head now at how I was "okay" with this arrangement and saw it implemented within several families. Mothers and fathers completely shunning their children and actually go around telling others how they have to follow the organization and do as instructed."

It's amazing how they rationalize saving their own everlasting skin by throwing their own children under the bus, and then BRAG about it, no less (which invalidates the "sacrifice" by making a show of it)! It's no wonder their children who wake up then doubt everything, including what love really means.....

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

Anytime I explain things to people about how I wasn't allowed to have long hair or a beard, it certainly comes off as absurd.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Well, the answer to THAT is to not have worldly friends and be home-schooled: problem solved... ;)

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

that is so sad. Not that i want any one pioneering but please she is 80!!! If it makes her happy those creeps for doing that.

I remember a "new" baptized sister about 70 DF'ed because her care giver was a male and he stayed the night

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I remember a situation someone related to me once where a JW was with his "wordly" workmate in a social setting with a group of educated professional people.

The discussion eventually got around to linguistics and the history and development of languages.

The worldly friend of the JW, coaxed his JW friend to tell everyone at the table where all the different languages really came from (in reference to the incredibly ridiculous tower of babel story).

This proved extremely embarassing for the JW who realized how absurd the explanation was while he was trying to relate it. He actually distanced himself from the story right then and there. It didn't take long for that individual to fade away.

Sometimes all it takes is one overwhelming absurd teaching to cause the lights to come on....

The Oracle

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit