Todays Bloomberg/ Business Week story: Religion and Money in the U.S.A.- "How the Mormans make Money".(explains how the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society hides assets).

by Balaamsass 14 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

It's Mormon, not "Morman".

Carry on.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

An attorney friend called to say the election is a coin toss now. ..."hey,... quess we will be wearing long underwear..wear can I buy some? " lol!!

• designs
    designs

Dodging Taxes seems to be a passion for some of those religious folk. George Bush is leading a conference in the Caymen's as we write on how to Dodge Taxes. Patriotic economists...Nah, just a bunch of Evangelicals and Mormons.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I still can't understand how freedom of religion means freedom from taxing. After all, I have freedom of speech and I pay lots of taxes.

Didn't Jesus say to render Caesar's things to Caesar? To those who call for a tax, a tax?

These religions are big business, and these business activities should be taxed. The profits should be treated as any other profits. To the extent that the religions can prove they're performing charitable activities (of which definition does not mean promoting themselves), then that could reduce their overall burden.

• designs
    designs

I wonder if the Wt. has delegates going to the Bush's Caymen Tax Dodging Conference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit