How Do You Think The Watchtower IT Department Is Responding To The Anonymous Threat?

by DT 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

AFAIK the IT department at Bethel is a bunch of retards. I have helped one of them set up a system a while back, the guy just got assigned and had no clue what he was doing. I don't know if they got anyone in the mean time but I doubt there would be a lot of CS degrees in there.

Their public-facing services are outsourced to another company, I know that much.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If they didn't know what the threat was, they wouldn't be responding at all.

It beats me why people think that outing cunning plans & insider information on public websites is going to help.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

This is the first I'm reading of this. GREAT IDEA! Let's hack their website and bring negative attention to JWs. Since they are already viewed as normal, maybe this will help.......

Are you listening to yourself? Seriously? Maybe Anonymous can pose for pictures on what "evil apostates" do.

It sure is fun to read what small minds have in store for the WTBTS.

ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

AFAIK the IT department at Bethel is a bunch of retards. I have helped one of them set up a system a while back, the guy just got assigned and had no clue what he was doing. I don't know if they got anyone in the mean time but I doubt there would be a lot of CS degrees in there

I dare say their response will be to yank the phone cord from the 14.4k dial-up modem, and unplug the Commodore 64 and wait a few days before plugging it back in. :)

• life is to short
    life is to short

I can attest to what stuckinamovement said about they keep records on a computer because the same thing happened to me when I called about the pedophiles in my hall.

AllTimeJeff just a question do you think this is not serious about Anonymous. I hope it is true but from your post it seems like you are thinking it is not. I am not being snarky. Please do not take me wrong as I really respect you thoughts on matters so I was wondering what you true take on this is.

LITS

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

"

"I dare say their response will be to yank the phone cord from the 14.4k dial-up modem, and unplug the Commodore 64 and wait a few days before plugging it back in." :)

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

When I was in bethel circa 2000-5, I was not in IT by any means, but for my job I had to use a computer, so we had a IS (information service) contact in our office. What a fucktard that guy was. He would just get on your computer and change settings that were user defined to his preference even though he didnt need to. He would take forever to do the simplest things and pretty much made things worse most of the time. He got promoted to pioneer a few years ago.

Somwhere around 2003, they brought in guys from the british branch (or maybe South Africa? I can't remember) who actually had a clue, and they had made a program that could unify all the various departments (Service, Accounting, Transportation, Shipping, Bethel Office) and it was set up to where each user only could access what they needed to for their job. Well, of course, when you launch a new program there is a learning curve and glitches. Well, one of my glitches was that I could do a "publisher lookup" and it had a LOT of info on people, like a scary amount. As far as I remember, this was only kept on people who were ever pioneers, elders, servants, bethelites, or such. Did I say only?

name, birthdate, batism date, positions they serve in, disfellowshiped, EVER been disfellowshiped,what halls they have been in, years of full time service, annointed or other sheep and so on. I was kinda shocked. It went way back too, I looked up dead people and people df'd a long time ago and they were still there.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

The so called IT department will not be prepared for the level of attack Anonymous will bring to their infrastructure. Bethel is on a network, a network can be infiltrated, mined and shut down. Anonymous got into government databases i.e. Syria, etc. The WTBTS has nothing of the level of security a government has.

Don't give them too much credit guys. It's not Fort Knox.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

WT would call State and Federal law enforcement, probably.

• DT
    DT

"WT should call State and Federal law enforcement."

They're probably more afraid of them than they are of Anonymous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit