The axe falls...

by Abaddon 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

... hi ho hi ho, it's not off to work we go...

Well, I am redundant, or will be as of end April, when the two factories of my company shut-down and approx. 500 people get made redundant.

Nil desperandum and all that... I don't see this as a disaster... if it had been announced in a month I would probably have just signed mortgage papers, and that, whilst still not a disaster would be a tad inconvenient!

Gizza job?

People living in glass paradigms shouldn't throw stones...

• openminded
    openminded

That really sucks. Sorry to hear it Abaddon. Guess its time to dust of the old resume. I am sure a guy with your talent will have no problem lining up something new. But its still a pain in da ass. -om

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Abaddon,

Sorry to hear that. Just try to look at this as a positive. Your true calling probably lies in the sex therapy field, anyway. Think of this as a chance to get your career back on the right path.

Hmmm

• Duncan
    Duncan

Bad luck Abbadon

I've certainly been there, too. These days companies are constantly acquiring and merging all over the place, and you can be left without a job so fast it makes your head spin.

I'm sure you'll get a happy ending.

all the best,

Duncan.

• Duncan
    Duncan

okay thats "Abaddon"

this new pesky "no-going-back-to-edit" feature is a drag.

Duncan.

• Stealth
    Stealth

Abaddon,

Sorry, I know that sucks. It happened to me twice, however in both cases I found a better job with better pay. So this could end up being one of the best things that could happen if you keep a positive outlook. Good luck on your new quest!

-stealth

• SYN
    SYN

Awwww, Abbadon! Sorry to hear about that! I hoped you played some good pranks on the guys who fired you...do the words liquid Ex-Lax in the coffee during an important meeting ring a bell? I once nailed an entire boardroom full of 'important executives' like that. It was a really shitty situation

The earlier in the forenoon you take the sun bath, the greater will be the beneficial effect, because you get more of the ultra-violet rays, which are healing. - The Golden Age

• siegswife
    siegswife

You seem like the kind of person who makes lemonade out of the lemons life drops on you. I hope this is your ticket to a better paying job that you enjoy more.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

Talking about work, my brother made a comment years ago to the president of the company we worked for that I thought was really good. My brother and the president were five minutes late and as they were going through the door the president asked what time do you go to work? His reply was,"I go to work as soon as I get here but some sit around and read the Wall Street Journal for and hour or so. The president just laughed, he was really a good guy.

Ken P.

• RWC
    RWC

Abaddon,

I am sorry to hear that you were laid off. I will pray for you and your family. As others have said, sometimes things like this are the best things tht can happen. But that can only be seen when you are done going through the valley. I too have been through some serious financial concerns and I learned alot about myself while I was going through them. Some I liked and some I didn't, but in the end I am a better person for going through the trial.

God Bless

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit