The 144,000 chosen ones...I'm so confused

by SoManyQuestions 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Sargon
    Sargon

you can call us imbeciles all you want you know. But this big long explanation still doesnot address your reasoning for calling Will an imbecile in the first place.
    I also don't recall anywhere in the bible where an unbeleiver will be forced to bow to Jehovahs Kings. What a joke!!

Imagination is more important than Knowledge. Albert Einstein

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one

I am the Great I am.

• You Know
    You Know
    you can call us imbeciles all you want you know. But this big long explanation still doesnot address your reasoning for calling Will an imbecile in the first place.

I didn't say that Wilt Power was an imbecile. I raised the question, based upon his own ridiculous speculations about Jehovah being another "pea in the pod", as to whether he was an idiot, an imbicile, or merely a moron. That's merely a rhetorical question. Something for him to ponder.

I also don't recall anywhere in the bible where an unbeleiver will be forced to bow to Jehovahs Kings. What a joke!!
    You really are cluless aren't you? Dealing with you guys is like shooting fish in a barrel. LOL! It's just too easy. Of course the Bible says that Jehovah will force our enemies to bow at our feet. I wouldn't have said it if it weren't scriptural. Isaiah 60: 14 says: "And to you the sons of those afflicting you must go, bowing down; and all those treating you disrespectfully must bend down at the very soles of your feet, and they will have to call you the city of Jehovah..."

And again Jesus says the same thing in Revelation. "I will make them come and do obeisance before your feet and make them know that I loved you."

/ You Know

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

You Know wrote: "Too, the fact that Rev. mentions that 12,000 are taken from each of the 12 tribes, as it were, also verifies that an actual number is involved."

Will you accept, then, that it is the literal number of 12 tribes, with 12,000 from each tribe? No, you will say that is also symbolic!

• Sargon
    Sargon

Touche, You know,
    Your knowledge of the bible is exemplary. It's unfortunate however that you have failed in the basic lessons of politeness manners and humility. When logical argument escapes you, you resort to words like imbicile, moron, stupidity, clueless. How many converts do you have to your credit? Probably not too many with your attitude.
    You have still avoided my original question. You can tap dance and name-call to your hearts content, I still fail to see the difference between your statement and Wills.

• You Know
    You Know
    It's unfortunate however that you have failed in the basic lessons of politeness manners and humility.

I am pleased that in the end apostates are reduced to muttering stuff like: 'YK ain't very nice to us.' I wear such criticisms as a badge of honor. / You Know

• Nemesis
    Nemesis

You Know:

...is because those 144,000 & one that are granted life within themselves would NEVER do anything to detract from Jehovah's glory. That's the point. That's why Jehovah's granting them total independence is in order to shut the mouths of Satan and his goons who charge that Jehovah and his creation are not really totally trustworthy.

I have heard this many times when a JW, but there is no scriptural evidence that they will have “total independence”. As for they “would NEVER do anything to detract from Jehovah's glory” is not an issue of trust at all. Those who get a resurrection to heaven are incorruptible, and so have lost a measure of freedom to be corrupt like they could when down here as humans. If you are incorruptible you cannot rebel or turn bad like Satan chose to—that’s part of the deal with immortality. I doubt very much God would be so foolish to grant such immortality without also making them incorruptible—therefore incapable of rebellion or sin, otherwise what would he do if they all chose to go like Satan and self corrupt in 5,000 years time? He would be stuck with them for eternity, unable to destroy them! Yes he could squeeze them all into an electron and cast it to the other side of the universe, but they would always be in existence, and could never be destroyed.

One point I vividly remember was a discussion with a presiding overseer many years ago. I was asking why it was so unfair that we [the non-anointed] get so many tests and still God has virtually zero faith in us, and gives few rewards, according to Watch Tower doctrine. I asked him about a 12 year old that was baptized back in the 1920s who claims to be one of the anointed. What if they one week after their baptism they got run over by a bus—would this immature, unproven, inexperienced kid suddenly get zapped up to heaven as an immortal god to rule over us for 1,000 years? He said “yes”, I then asked how this could be just and fair as many Christians have lived their lives through all manner of tests, evil, and matured with integrity and honour, something this kid would never have done, and yet they [as the non-anointed] would have to trudge on, and pass the test of Armageddon. They would then still not even get blessed with a perfect body and mind [according to Watch Tower doctrine] and would have to go through yet another 1,000 years of testing, and more problems with all the resurrected that would return. After enduring the 1,000 years, they would be tested all over again! And to boot, all they would get if they were lucky would be the same deal as Adam and Eve had. Basically—they get to continue living—they are still mortal, corruptible and able to sin, and therefore able to be destroyed in Gehenna if they chose to sin. Meanwhile the 12 year old immature inexperienced kiddie got to rule as an immortal god over those who are clearly its superiors here on earth—superior in faith, loyalty, integrity, wisdom, experience, endurance, etc. How can any of this be remotely balanced, fair, or just? His reply was: “if I didn’t know you better ____ I would say that was apostate talk.” That was the end of that discussion!

I also notice that there is yet more symbolic numbers in Revelation, “Now the one who was speaking with me was holding as a measure a golden reed, that he might measure the city and its gates and its wall. And the city lies foursquare, and its length is as great as its breadth. And he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs; its length and breadth and height are equal. Also, he measured its wall, one hundred and forty-four cubits, according to a man’s measure, at the same time an angel’s. Now the structure of its wall was jasper, and the city was pure gold like clear glass. The foundations of the city’s wall were adorned with every sort of precious stone: the first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald...”—Revelation 21:15–19 NWT

The numbers here are symbolic of completeness and perfection, not literal—anymore than the jasper, sapphires, or the emeralds are literal in the spirit world. I think Ray Franz in his book ‘In Search Of Christian Freedom’ also puts forward a reasonable argument with his step by step look as the Watch Towers reference for the “sheep” and the “anointed” as they are virtually all the same in Biblical descriptions and location—there is no differentiation between them, except in the Watch Tower's man made doctrines.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Dont get too full of yourself. I'm pointing out your use of insults to avoid answering questions. If you feel that's something tpo be proud of, so be it.
    I can throw insults as well as the next guy, I just choose not to as my arguments can stand on their own merits.

• 144thousand_and_one
    144thousand_and_one
    [Jehovah] is still recognized as the ultimate source of life, at least by enlightened individuals anyway.

Those who recognize Jehovah as the "ultimate source of life" are not "enlightened," rather, they are mentally enslaved to a corporation cult that, inter alia, encourages parents to exploit their children on its behalf (e.g. forced marketing activities on behalf of the cult without compensation aka "field service"), encourages child abuse (e.g., "spare the rod, spoil the child" -- severe beatings administered by JW parents to children who are unable to sit still in boring meetings), and destroys families (e.g. shunning of disfellowshipped family members).

You've attempted to represent yourself as an intellectual in this thread, but an intellectual JW is an oxymoron.

I am pleased that in the end apostates are reduced to muttering stuff like: 'YK ain't very nice to us.' I wear such criticisms as a badge of honor.
    In the end, you're going to be muttering stuff like, "too bad I wasted my life by letting a cult think for me." Wake up and smell the coffee, You Know!
  • Sargon
    Sargon

Hey number one,
    Is that like military intelligence?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit