whats the funniest thing youve said to the co

by chezza 11 Replies latest jw friends

• chezza
    chezza

Im sure we all remember how nervous we were around the circuit overseer and how careful we were with our words, i recall one day being out in service with the co's wife and my daughter said to her my dad calls me his mamoo which in greek meant monkey and the co's wife says how cute,and then my daughter says and i call him my little farting machine, omg i called have fallen through the ground, needless to say the circuit overseers wife was not amused, so what funny things have we all said or heard said?

• Kep
    Kep

Hi ya Chezz,
    Well I was ever so careful not to say or do anything out of line with the co.
    I guess I was too busy brown nosing them.

• Celtic
    Celtic

I farted once, it was a real trooper as well, we had those highly strung canvas chairs that just escallated the throbbing resonancy to new heights. Like I said it was a real beauty. I'd been hanging onto it for a good 20 seconds, my buttocks tightening rapidly, hoping beyond hope that it wouldn't erupt with a passionate thrupping sound that noisily continued for several seconds rising to a crescendo.

The trouble was it was right in the middle of his prayer for the auxillary pioneer training meeting. Talk about wanting a hole to swallow you up. Good job he came from Yorkshire, George Hilton, renowned for his sense of humour, and no, he couldn't finish the prayer, quite hysterical for everyone else it was.

Hmmmmmmmm

Memories, Oh my giddy aunt ....

Peace

Celtic

• chezza
    chezza

hahahhaha thats funny, c'mon kep something must have slipped out accidently

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hi Chezz

LOL@your daughter

I used to dread working with anyone not related to me lol. Usually the CO would stay with us anyway...so it was always very difficult to avoid her when she would gaze and me and say "I'm looking forward to working with you in the FS tomorrow".

The worst situation I ever encountered was when we went country witnessing one time. It was customary to take a thermos of tea or coffee and sometimes a packet of biscuits for a mid morning cuppa to refresh the soul....and of course we got the opportunity to swap partners so that everyone got the privilege of working along side the 'chosen ones'. This particular day...we had the CO's wife in our vehicle...and the CO was in another car. Well we stopped part way thru the morning for our mid morning cuppa...and while we chatted (gossiped) about this one and that one we noticed the CO's wife quickly tipping out her cup of tea and discarding her biscuit. I thought this to be rather strange...and continued with my indepth conversation. Next thing the vehicle (chariot) carrying the CO pulled up...and we all straightened our backs and changed our conversation to a FS topic. The CO strolled over to us and looked at us in a judgemental fashion....we kindly offered him a cup of tea...he refused....but he didnt say a word about our own indulgence. I looked at his wife and could see that she had her FS bag over her shoulder and a pair of magazines in hand...OHHH HOW SPIRITUAL!!!!

Nothing was said at the time....but later on we had a special needs talk about how some publishers are wasting valuable time having 'cups of tea' while out on FS and were counting time for it...instead of engaging in the preaching activity. I have since learnt that this particular CO's wife ran off with a bible student and is living happily ever after...and is having all the cups of tea she wants. Good for her.

Beck

• chezza
    chezza

i remember all to well the 11 o'clock stop for a coffee break, of course when your pioneering its allowed ;)

• Scully
    Scully

Hi chezza:

During one CO visit, some 10 odd years ago, it was pre-arranged that I was going to have him and his wife over for lunch one day after morning field service. I went to a lot of trouble making a nice home-made soup for them and salad and home-made dinner rolls. I'd even given the house an extra cleaning that morning, just to make a good impression.

I was expecting them for 12 noon "sharp". This was the instruction from the Presiding Overseer, so as not to keep His Loftiness and Her Stuffiness waiting to be served lunch.

Twenty minutes past the expected time of arrival, the telephone rings. It was the CO informing me that they had accepted an offer from Brother Head-Up-My-Butt to go out for lunch, and telling me they would be able to come for lunch the following day instead. I told him, "Sorry, but I have other plans for tomorrow.... maybe you can get Brother Head-Up-Your-Butt to take you out for lunch again tomorrow."

By the way, I didn't REALLY have other plans for the next day at that particular moment. But I made some immediately after I hung up the phone.

Love, Scully

• chezza
    chezza

how rude of them scully, but i like yor attitude

• TR
    TR

Funniest thing I said was; "Well, they were thirsty".(as I let about a dozen thirsty "worldly" kids into the hall to get a drink before a meeting)

TR

I hold it to be the inalienable right of anybody to go to hell in his own way.
    --Robert Frost, 1935

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

"Drink Life's Water Free" eh TR...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit