Jehova's Witnesses and Dating

by SoManyQuestions 13 Replies latest jw friends

• blindfool
    blindfool

So Many Questions,

Here's some advice from someone married into the WTBS.

If you really want to persue a relationship with this woman:

1-Start a bible study with a JW brother, never research or think about what your being told, just accept everything. Become sheeplike and "teachable."

2-Give up on all you have ever been taught in church about a loving God and learn to become fearful of God.

3-Don't worry about a relationship with your own family, you will soon hurt them by not attending their holiday get-togethers. Be prepared to give up Christmas, Birthdays, Thanksgiving etc.

4-Forget having any feelings about current events or political discussions. Of course holding any political office(even county or city counsil) or even voting will not be tolerated.

5-If you have doubts and can't commit to all the WTBTS teachings you should forget about this lady. If she is babtised and dates you she could be disfellowshipped.

6-If you decide to have a bible study you should also be prepared to never even look at this web site again. There are apostates here and we are dangerous.

• JBean
    JBean

Good points, BlindFool... there are degrees of all points you mentioned, but basically... yup... that's the way it is! Somany: you should question her about how much of what she was taught she really believes. You might have some luck and find out she's in it only because her family is... or whatever, but that she'd be more than happy to go along with what you'd like to do, esp. around celebrations, etc. Talk to her!

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

SMQ--
    From someoe whos studied the Bible extensively and is a christian,
    JWs are not anything like christianity. They even admit that. At least that they are nothing like 'mainstream' christianity. I'm not being picky over denominations because thats not the type of person I am-- I'm ok with christians disagreeing on small issues but JW beliefs are totally different. I was a JW and left because their beliefs are not in the Bible. They are very different from Mormons in their beliefs but just as far off from what the Bible actually says. JWs have their own corupt 'translation'--and I use that word loosely-- of the Bible that convieniently alters most important passages to their gain. For a list of shocking doctrines just ask and I'm sure we can all show you the stark contrast from JW to Christians. Not all on here are christians but we can help you tell the difference between what the two believe in
    For ifon please email me
    <>< Angie

• Beans
    Beans

The older I get the more I realize how many women are so perfect for me! Why limit yourself to just one? Spread the love!

Beans

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit